LCR, Slightly lumpy tickover ??

Mattman

Pob !!
Mar 9, 2005
ASTLEY
My 53 LCR has got revo before i bought it, but it seems to have a very slight lumpy tickover - it this normal as my stage 2 apr ibiza ticked over smoothly.
becides this its spot on ??
anyone else get this ??
ta
matt

Mattman

Pob !!
Mar 9, 2005
ASTLEY
it runs fine, just a little lumpy ( very little but noticeable) on tick over all the time, evan when warm ??

andycupra

status subject to change
unplug the battery. its not exactly a ecu reset but will go back to default settings.

make sure you have the radio code to hand!
something else you could try is unplugging the MAF, (air flow sensor) before you reset the ecu. a light will come up on the dash as its unplugged and it will run using alternative measurements but in a slightly safer mode. see if the tick over gets any better.

The plug it back in for when you do the reset.

used different fuel lately?
ive known a few cars get this when changing fuel or getting a dodgy batch.

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
Mine has always had a slight lump to it on tickover, done nearly 110K miles never done any harm. It doesn't go below the low oil mark on the dipstick between services either. Never topped it up. Asked the Dealer about it once and they said its normal.

meep meep

Jun 22, 2006
What the?

If you disconnect the battery, the revo mapping on the ecu is terminated and the ecu reverts back to its standard 225 program??????????????? Cant be, surely!

andycupra

status subject to change
meep meep said:
If you disconnect the battery, the revo mapping on the ecu is terminated and the ecu reverts back to its standard 225 program??????????????? Cant be, surely!

no it wont lose revo.

the ecu adapts over time, what i meant was the setting will go back to default in terms of adaption. you would not lose revo.

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
I've noticed a very slightly lumpy tickover with Optimax, and tahts on 3 turbo cars now.
Now I use Tesco 99RON stuff, never looked back

Mattman

Pob !!
Mar 9, 2005
ASTLEY
use optimax on every tankfull ?? hmm will try reset and see what happens - already tryed unplugging the maf.
thanks guys

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members