lcr twintercooler on a AUQ

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
i'm thinking of fitting the LCR twin intercoolers to my leon cupra. firstly, the off side intercooler, is it the same as the smic on the leon cupra as standard??

secondly, obviously i will need to get the inlet manifold with the TB on the right. Will this cause any other issues with things not fitting?? i.e. hoses/injectors etc etc etc

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You're right ollie, you need an ibiza Mk3 or LCR inlet manifold & all the pipes & wiring would need extending / swapping

It's all largely bolt on, but it will be fairly costly to get what you want (and even then it doesn't work that well)

brad1

TBH, your are far off better going for a FMIC unless you get the LCR twin intercooler set up very cheap ;)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I did put the LCR twin intercoolers on my LC and it did work well, if it didn't why would Seat have put it on the LCR??? not too far of what a front mount does, as it doubles the cooling, I have now put a front mount on, but I have nearly all you need to do the mod including a LCR inlet manifold all you would need is a map censor pipe, charge pipe and brackets, PM me if you are interested.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
cheers guys. will probably give this one a go. i just figured that this would be a bit more stealthy than going for a fmic... and cheaper!!

oldskool

could you not get a 90 degree silicone and some aluminium pipe to take the inlet to the other side , retaining the std lc inlet manifold?

oldskool

Or an Ibiza Mk3 20VT charge pipe (which I have)

whats the difference, as far as i am aware the air comes fron the turbo(on an lcr) down towards the front of the car through that pipe and then down through one cooler then across to the other cooler on the opposite side then back up to the throttle body and in the inlet on the right (As you look at the car)
So for an lc, the pipe work would be the same except the 90 degree and pipe to take it from the right to the left when using lcr pipework.

andycupra

status subject to change
the offside intercooler is not the same as on the LC.

The LC intercooler is a little bigger than one single LCR intercooler, same depth and width, but its taller by about20% from memory.
Although clearly the LCR as a pair are more effective.

The location of and the angles pf the inlet / outlets are also differnt. On the LC the charge pipe goes down the side of the engine near to the brake master cylinder then between the engine and offside wheel, basically in the wheel arch, which is where the 'pancake pipe' as the charge pipe has the narrow there to accomodate the offside wheel when its on full lock. Whereas on the LCR the charge pipe runs down the offside top of the engine and down behind the offside headlight to the offside intercooler, therefore the intercooler inlet and outlets are different.

Outlet wise for the offside interoolcer the LCR going horizontall across the front, the LC going back up to the inlet manifold.

So there will be more to it than first appears, but its clearly possible.

I just wonder if a FMIC will work out much the same once the LCR kit is got, another inlet manifold and a few silicon pipes to take care of differences noted about..

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.