LED quad side bulbs w5w

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
Has anyone tried to fit this type of bulb to the new Leon. I had a set of quad LED bulbs but they dont illuminate.
Tried them both ways but still no joy. I have put them on my little Pug and they work fine.

I just want a bulb that whiter and not yellow like the standard ones to match my Philips x-treme dipped beam.
If any suggestions let me know.

Thanks

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Maybe they dont illuminate as the LED draws very little current and therefore the ECU may have shut the lights off as it is getting the wrong signal? think there is something like that anyway? You may need to add a resistor to each bulb to make them work.

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
Powerbulbs.co.uk do sidelight bulbs with a blue tint which burn white the same as the +50 headlights, made by Philips I think; you get them free when you buy headlight bulbs.

duncerduncs

Nov 17, 2006
Reading
I've got a set of Osram W5W Cool Blue bulbs (free to a good home) I got them free when I got a set of +50 bulbs for the wife's car. They are unused, but are opened as the wife thought they were headlights.... :lol:

If anyone's interested, let me know

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I've got a set of Osram W5W Cool Blue bulbs (free to a good home) I got them free when I got a set of +50 bulbs for the wife's car. They are unused, but are opened as the wife thought they were headlights.... :lol:

If anyone's interested, let me know

PM sent :)

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:lol:Hi tdi pep also tryed twin led side light bulbs on my fr didnt work either, must be deffo to do with ecu or current draw, so also used phillips blue vision well pleased:funk:

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
sidelight bulbs

i used the ones with the 5 leds in my mk1 leon cupra and some of the leds used to pack up i must have had about 4 sets i contacted the guy i bought them off on ebay and he ghanged them twice, but said that on the leon the side light bulb was close to the dipped light and the heat was getting the leds to hot so on my new fr i put the blue xenon off ebay about £3-99

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
the led's dont last very long at all kept blowing them on my old ibiza (about 4 sets before giving up) i have kept my sidelights on my new one which are quite bright i got osram bulbs dipped and main so maybe sidelights aswell? i have changed dipped to silverstars and indicators to phillips silvervision :p

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Has anyone tried to fit this type of bulb to the new Leon. I had a set of quad LED bulbs but they dont illuminate.
Tried them both ways but still no joy. I have put them on my little Pug and they work fine.

I just want a bulb that whiter and not yellow like the standard ones to match my Philips x-treme dipped beam.
If any suggestions let me know.

Thanks

Have just fitted quad led to my FR had to put a dummy load across the suppliers other wise the too intelegent SEAT system thinks there is a bulb failure!. Have tried 25wx25ohm al clad resistor which was recommended but did'nt like the idea of these heat sinks cooking away so I did a poor mans job by buying TWO T3 10mm bulb holder and fitting the bulbs I had just removed into the engine bay - so if either of the lamps go out I can replace the dud asap and the load is very near what the system was designed for.