LED Side lights what sort of bulb needed?

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
As above. Can anyone provide some guidance as to what bulbs are needed to change the Mk2 FL Leon sidelights from yellow to white to better match the xenon headlights?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You'll need 501 W5W bulbs. You can either go for a "white" halogen. Or as most of us do, go for LED. Keep in mind if you go LED, you take a gamble it might light up the bulb out error on the dash. Especially when its cold or raining!

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
As above. Can anyone provide some guidance as to what bulbs are needed to change the Mk2 FL Leon sidelights from yellow to white to better match the xenon headlights?
I,VE done led,s on my leon cupra mk2 …..it is really impressive ...one thing to remember is to get a legal power output on bulb too bright and the fuzz as well as mot failure for wrong bulb.....I got a set of Osram and had to get 2 canbus relays to put between bulb and connector...this also stops fault light on dash.....you can get canbus ready bulbs but don,t always work..... and for that little extra at least you know it,ll work...and just tuck away behind light...

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
I,VE done led,s on my leon cupra mk2 …..it is really impressive ...one thing to remember is to get a legal power output on bulb too bright and the fuzz as well as mot failure for wrong bulb.....I got a set of Osram and had to get 2 canbus relays to put between bulb and connector...this also stops fault light on dash.....you can get canbus ready bulbs but don,t always work..... and for that little extra at least you know it,ll work...and just tuck away behind light...

I've purchased some CANBUS ERROR FREE LEDs from Euro Car Parts Installing them today if they do throw up the error code would these resistors be the right part to resolve the issue?

https://xenons4u.co.uk/w5w-501-t10-25w-led-canbus-resistors.html

Cheers for useful responses everyone

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
If lights are working you won,t need relay.......you,ll find brighter than originals too....success....graet link too for others
UPDATE:

The LEDs I purchased from Euro Car Parts have so far not thrown up any error codes and are a good colour and not too bright. I would recommend these to others looking to get LED side lights but as mentioned above we will have to see how they perform as we go into winter.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/...-sGPVSrb4LC1ozbtMBjssYOeMKpz59GxoC4GQQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.