Left side turn signal indicator on dashboard does not work. WTF?

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

My cupra has strange issue. Left side turn signal indication on the dashboard does not work. Thought it's a bulb. Pulled dash, just to figure out that it's LED there. Probably controlled by some digital wizardry. No water damage or similar. Everything inside dash - looks neat and original.

Anyone has any clue where to start troubleshooting? Or experience with similar issue.

I can't just replace dash, because it's cupra. Don't want to loose original look. And finding another LHD Cupra dash - is next to impossible and even if found, it will be expensive and will require a lot of playing around to mate it with a car.

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
But there are two leds per "bulb" (got few spare dashes for parts). I have doubts that both led's can fail on same side. Even worse, got my hands on connector pinouts - it seems that turn signal indication is controlled by CAN. No direct/dedicated contact for turn signals.
Will try to listen if dash ticks when left turn signal is on (now car is in different city). If it will tick, then it would mean it is getting signal from outside the dash and issue is inside. If not - then maybe it got lost somewhere in these different modules which talk digital.

Wonder how much work is to swap front face from cupra dash onto this FR dash and adapt it to the car. I have heard that it's somehow possible to download whole dump from one dash and upload it to another one. Just "bit tricky" part is to find someone who has equipment and knowledge to do that.
image_2022-06-15_215213883.png

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.