Leon 2016 facelift???

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I think so, only the new generation of infotainment support better integration with carplay if I remember correctly (Like showing navigation on the display between dials, so maybe even better integration with VC).

Mk3 Leons with Nav always have been able to show the directions between the dash dials. That's certainly not new. The colour multi-function display is part of the original Media System Plus included in Tech Pack or Navigation with the original 5.8inch screen.

Car play first appeared in the Leon with the larger 6.5inch screen, and this new 8 inch version should be a big improvement, but the MFD looks to be unchanged hardware wise. If the Cupra gets the virtual cockpit it'll be worlds away from even the new 8inch infotainment system.

Last edited:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I think virtual cockpit on the Audis looks incredibly smart, once my 2 year FR lease is up I'll definitely be looking for something with that, it's the future!

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Mk3 Leons with Nav always have been able to show the directions between the dash dials. That's certainly not new. The colour multi-function display is part of the original Media System Plus included in Tech Pack or Navigation with the original 5.8inch screen.

Car play first appeared in the Leon with the larger 6.5inch screen, and this new 8 inch version should be a big improvement, but the MFD looks to be unchanged hardware wise. If the Cupra gets the virtual cockpit it'll be worlds away from even the new 8inch infotainment system.

I think he's referring to an update in iOS 10 that allows CarPlay to display on both the main screen and a second MFD on the dashboard, mostly aimed at Apple Maps navigation. However the car has to support this new feature and at the moment I think only Ford have committed to it. To be fair we're still waiting for wireless CarPlay and that was supposed to be in iOS 9!

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I think he's referring to an update in iOS 10 that allows CarPlay to display on both the main screen and a second MFD on the dashboard, mostly aimed at Apple Maps navigation. However the car has to support this new feature and at the moment I think only Ford have committed to it. To be fair we're still waiting for wireless CarPlay and that was supposed to be in iOS 9!

Good point.

SEAT are never the quickest with these updates are they. To be honest though I'd be happier to get map updates than I would just getting the same info on two screens!

c4rdriver

Oct 15, 2016
To be fair we're still waiting for wireless CarPlay and that was supposed to be in iOS 9!

This has just launched on the BMW 5 Series which is out in Feb. Believe it's still on a car-by-car basis, sadly.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.