Veider

Feb 16, 2016
Hi there, I found some new info...

autobild.de/artikel/seat-leon-facelift-2016-frontschuerze-geleakt-9019953.html

seatfansclub.com/2016/05/filtrado-paragolpes-seat-leon-fr.html#more

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
I'm sure the facelift is due, seeing as a few manufactures such as Ford are updating their ST to have 270+

It's also strongly suggested through the end of model editions much like they did on the Ibiza, at the moment SEAT is offering a Cupra Black which just gives you some extra goodies as well as the colour backs being suspended/removed at the minute.

Portlanders

May 14, 2016
Another good indicator that a face lift is due shortly, is that the advanced payments of the Leon on the Motability Scheme have drastically dropped, especially on the FR trims where even the 184bhp engines are zero ap. T'is a good way to clear stock holding quite rapidly.

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
Another good indicator that a face lift is due shortly, is that the advanced payments of the Leon on the Motability Scheme have drastically dropped, especially on the FR trims where even the 184bhp engines are zero ap. T'is a good way to clear stock holding quite rapidly.
It has been for a while with certain garages.
The problem is although you said it's to clear stock, there simply is no stock forecourt wise.
Everything for this model is factory order.

Unless you mean factory stock of bumpers

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Portlanders

May 14, 2016
It has been for a while with certain garages.
The problem is although you said it's to clear stock, there simply is no stock forecourt wise.
Everything for this model is factory order.

Unless you mean factory stock of bumpers

Not bumpers.....The dealer i went to last week found quite a few of the fr trims in what he called 'the import centre' and that's where mine is coming from, being delivered to the dealer next week, that's the ST though. It also has the convenience pack and full link, which they are not charging me for........now wonder if this could be a cancelled customer order due to the extras.

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
Not bumpers.....The dealer i went to last week found quite a few of the fr trims in what he called 'the import centre' and that's where mine is coming from, being delivered to the dealer next week, that's the ST though. It also has the convenience pack and full link, which they are not charging me for........now wonder if this could be a cancelled customer order due to the extras.
I see
The st is the bigger boot is that right

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
The new Audi and VW cars have had the 'Virtual Cockpit' added to the options list (facelifted A3/S3, Passat, Tiguan are among the latest models). By virtual cockpit I mean the fully digital dashboard -
Audi-A3_Sportback-2017-1280-11.jpg

I wonder what are the chances of the facelifted Leon to get that same feature? Most likely slim to none I would guess... :whistle:
I would expect VW to pull rank and keep it for the Golf Mk7's facelift for the time being. But it would be a nice addition to the options list.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Probably mk4 I would imagine. By which time VW and Audi will have a better res and Seat end up with this generation.

Discopanda

May 10, 2016
Aaagh I was planning to order a Leon in June/July. Thinking of holding off now. Can we guess when the order books will be open?

lubos76

May 16, 2016
I'm also eagerly waiting for the new facelifted version to make an order. Do you have an idea how it works when versions are changing? Eg. if they present new version online in July, then physically in October in Paris (read something like that in a Spanish forum), when you will be able to order the new version?

In case of Ateca it took a few months since presentation until you can order it (actually, you still cannot here in Slovakia) but with existing models like Leon there has to be some continuity, right? Or will they still be taking orders for the old version in October?

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
I wouldn't worry about waiting to order, I personally cant think of a SEAT facelift (or any other come to think of it) that has ever looked better than the car it apparently 'lifted'. they all look like what they are, bodging different lights/bumpers etc onto bodies that weren't designed for them

lubos76

May 16, 2016
It's not only about the look, but also about potential technical improvements, eg. on the Spanish forum they mentioned better sound isolation (if that's true). What they also mentioned is that it could be manufactured since November.

Discopanda

May 10, 2016
Yes I want more tech! I've heard about possible adaptive LEDs, bigger touchscreen, better quality interior and maybe a 1.5 ACT.

Lukin

May 31, 2016
Seat_Leon_FR_2018.jpg

Someone at site called Virtuel Car (can't post the link as I'm new here, hello everybody!) rendered the whole car basing on the "leaked" photo of that front bumper.

Not a fan of the Ateca inspired headlights, hopefully it's a wrong guess. But, I'm glad the dark red metalic color (the one from the bumper photo) is making a comeback.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Looks pretty good, it's interesting that they're getting rid of the fog lights for the led running lights - I guess it's more for cars with the halogen lights so the marketing boys can put in some schpeel about led daytime running lights coming as standard across the range

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise