Leon Bumper Removal & Cupra R Bumper Fitting Guide

Dub_Style

??

Just ordered a cupra r front and rear bumper. What will i need to fit them onto a standard 2004 1.6 model??

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Assuming it still works (it's blocked at work) should all be on this link from the first post

I have created a page on my personal website purely for the removal of the mk1 Cupra front and rear bumpers, and the fitting of Cupra R bumpers
There are plenty of detailed pictures and a parts lists for the bits necessary for fitting the new bumpers...
http://fallenangelxsi.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=24212843&cr=2&rfm=y

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the extra strips of wheel-arch lining (as previously discussed) but everything else should be listed.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I don't believe so - I have a LCR bumper on my Toledo and the existing wheel arches appear to fit fine

(I think it's for the MY03 bumper, as shown in the diagram on Pg1, where it flares out at the bottom)

Fitting guides (No. 3 on the same diagram) are required, unless you already have the MY03 bumper

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
if my leon needed them and i didnt get them (the arch extensions that is) then would the bumper still fit but there would just be a little gap on the corner of the corner on the current arch.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Basically, yes - it's just a bit of black plastic trim AFAIK that fills the gap where the MY03 bumper steps out at the bottom to match the profile of the sideskirts

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
what about these...
"SN0154391 3D55 NUT £0.22 X 20
S1M6807199 N/STOCK BOLT £0.24 X 20
SN90542602 N/STOCK TAPPING SCREW £0.31 X 12"

do I need these? are they for refitting the bumper?

Cleg85

Petrol Head
Jan 11, 2012
Oxford
Very usefull guide there :)

I intend to put atleast half of all that to use this Week so thanks it'll be a great help.

Can't help but notice all the mastic/tiger seal you've used to stop the leaky door problem aswell?
Did this work ok as that's top of my priorities at the moment and just ordered 2 tubes of tiger seal..

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

Kimme

I have created a page on my personal website purely for the removal of the mk1 Cupra front and rear bumpers, and the fitting of Cupra R bumpers
There are plenty of detailed pictures and a parts lists for the bits necessary for fitting the new bumpers

It also contains the steps for fitting a Forge Front Mounted Intercooler :clap:

Hope this helps, please leave comments at the bottom of the page, or if you have a query :D

Cheers

they pictures are gone?
I would be very thankful of you can load up them again.

Best regards

Kim

Dante L2A2

May 24, 2012
west Yorkshire
Hi everyone, i'am wanting to do my own conversion on my Cupra 20v Turbo Sport. I have looked at the link and the pics are gone (I think i should be ok with the description). Just wanted to know how tall the cupra R front and rear bumpers are on there own and will it fit my car.

Kimme

Removed the rear bumper on my LCR about a month ago to locate a waterleak in my boot.
Turns out I didn´t have to after all to sort the leak.

However sorted the leak and tried to fit the bumper back correct about 10 times.

Thing that’s pissing me off is that on the left side the bumper didn´t come all way forward.
(Stops 4-5mm early)
Which means that it doesn´t add up correct around the “wheelhouse”
As I said can´t understand how to do it any other way (right side is fine)
Don´t think others think about it when they look at the car but it really bothers me 

Anyone else had problems to fit them perfect?

Best regards

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
There are plenty of detailed pictures and a parts lists for the bits necessary for fitting the new bumpers

It also contains the steps for fitting a Forge Front Mounted Intercooler :clap:

Hope this helps, please leave comments at the bottom of the page, or if you have a query :D

http://fallenangelxsi.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=24212843&cr=2&rfm=y

Cheers

Hey man

How's it going I was looking through to find some info about fitting bumpers I've been to ur site but can't seem to find any info. Anyways I've got a bumper for my leon same as my old bumper but I can get on side to fit but the other I am getting no joy making it line up and fit. Do u have any tips

Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.