Leon cupra 20vt problem with turbo

uncle_slam

ack i know the basics about how an engine runs and what not, but not much more. i have ordered the hose from seat, as i couldn't find one in any scrap yards near me. cost me 35 quid. so when i get that on tomorrow i'll see if it makes any difference. i'm gonna get a more thorough look around the engine to see if there is anything else damaged or disconnected.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
To be honest I doubt that breather pipe is whats causing the problems, mine was split when I got it and it still drove fine.

As already mentioned 189 on a mapped turbo car is not much, who's map is it?

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
lol i know, just the way you said 190bhp is crap from a mapped turbo car, i know you meant the LC obviously lol. that said, I woudnt mind having a go in a smart car with 190 rampant ponies!!!

uncle_slam

aright lads, as it stands i still havn't got this sorted and i'm ready for driving my LC into a lake. i've had about 6 people look at it and they cant find the fault. i've had the turbo checked, cat checked and ive replaced the air flow meter and boost control valve, cant find any loose hoses or cracked pipes, and i'm assured by all those people that the map can't change so it couldnt be that!

anyone got anything else they think could be the problem, i really want to avoid bringing this to a seat dealership

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.