Leon cupra r 210 power loss

A5H13Y81

I have got a 03 plate cupra r 210. I have noticed that if I drive at a constant speed for a little while (ie) ifI was going 70mph down the motorway when I got off it would drive like a normal 1.8?? if I pull over switch off for 5 mins its ok again?
So I took it for a good thrash down the laines for over an hour and it was fine? went back down the motorway again it lost power again? You cant feel it on the motorway when it goes and my dump valve still goes off as if its still boosting?
I noticed it had happened the other day so I dropped it into 2nd and floored it and the traction control light flashed like it was gonna spin but it didnt feel like ithad the power to spin he wheels? Iam well confused?
Anyone know what it could be? :help:
(Just to add, I think it is standard other than baley dv, The car has been to the moon and back as well with 103000 miles but has always benn serviced by seat)

Last edited by a moderator:

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
I have got a 03 plate cupra r 210. I have noticed that if I drive at a constant speed for a little while (ie) ifI was going 70mph down the motorway when I got off it would drive like a normal 1.8?? if I pull over switch off for 5 mins its ok again?
So I took it for a good thrash down the laines for over an hour and it was fine? went back down the motorway again it lost power again? You cant feel it on the motorway when it goes and my dump valve still goes off as if its still boosting?
I noticed it had happened the other day so I dropped it into 2nd and floored it and the traction control light flashed like it was gonna spin but it didnt feel like ithad the power to spin he wheels? Iam well confused?
Anyone know what it could be? :help:
(Just to add, I think it is standard other than baley dv, The car has been to the moon and back as well with 103000 miles but has always benn serviced by seat)

Hi, firstly if you stick in a search for dump valves you will probably find that any atmospheric dump valve isn't really suited (not sure of your type, re-circ or atmospheric) to the 1.8t engine due to the set up requiring a re-circulating D.V, this usually causes the engine man. light to come on, but not in all cases. Some people have ran them with out issue, but that would be my first stop. If you do a search on this i'm sure there are quite a few threads covering the symptoms of lack of power, might be worth a read.

Good luck.

Andy

Last edited:

A5H13Y81

If it was my DV wouldnt it have been doing since it was on? Its been fine for over a year?
Not that I mind taking it off bloody thing gets on my tits anyway :)
I have been reading some posts on here and people are saying about N97 and mtm??? Not sure about the last one? And some people saying about a clutch problem,
I know bugger all about this car! Give me a mk1 golf or something simple I am fine but Turbos and sensors :shrug:
Can anyone tell me what a N97 (other than a mobile)
And mtm? Like I said dunno if that was what they were talking about.
This weekend the DV will be comming off.

A5H13Y81

Hi yer my airbox is std as far as I know? It looks std.

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
If it was my DV wouldnt it have been doing since it was on? Its been fine for over a year?
Not that I mind taking it off bloody thing gets on my tits anyway :)
I have been reading some posts on here and people are saying about N97 and mtm??? Not sure about the last one? And some people saying about a clutch problem,
I know bugger all about this car! Give me a mk1 golf or something simple I am fine but Turbos and sensors :shrug:
Can anyone tell me what a N97 (other than a mobile)
And mtm? Like I said dunno if that was what they were talking about.
This weekend the DV will be comming off.

You could spend all year and a load of cash looking at what it *might* be - you need to get it on VAGCOM and read the error codes to get you in the right direction.

A5H13Y81

I might sound stupid but dose it have to be running in limp mode for it to pick up the codes?
Thanks

A5H13Y81

Oh ok I'll get it bookd in SEAT then. Iam still not sure if its limp mode cos I went up to 130 today and still had some go in it it just took a little longer than normal?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.