Leon Cupra T Engine Management Light, help!

salohcin

Hi

In process of buying a 2002 Seat LEon Cupra T 1.8 from a friend. kind of got it on loan for time being to see if we get on before we exchange cash.

However, friend has gone to Hong Kong for Xmas & as I was driving out to B&Q earlier today the Engine Management light came on.
When I start the car up there seems to be a bit of a thunk as it gets going, and it may be paranoia but there seems to be more than the usual hum from the engine as it drives. I have to do a good few hundred miles in the next few days in it & am a bit worried. It is due its 80000 mile service but was waiting till friend comes back after Christmas. COuld this be related?
Never had a more than an old banger before (a much loved Rover 214!) so not sure how desperately it needs to be dealt with. I shall be in Birmingham/Wolverhampton from Monday if anyone might be able to plug in diagnostics.
All advise gratefully accepted! Ta

Last edited by a moderator:

salohcin

OK, so light went off on Sunday morning after doing about 150 miles. The car had been sat around for a good few weeks doing nothing apart from being at a garage having a door leak looked at. Is this lack of use to blame perhaps?

salohcin

Anyone out there with vag-com in the Wolverhampton/Birmingham area that may be able to plug in & help me out?

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Just had the same light come up on my lcr, does anyone have vagcom around the south birmingham or redditch area...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.