Leon Cupra UK Launch Date

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Could you not get the dealer to do an after-sales swap for them so to speak, so you still have genuine Audi ones? I know one has been done where I work on an A3 for a customer.

The UK Dealer will swap them for 5 spoke 18's from an a3 S-Line, but then it will just look like an S line. They say they can't get RS4 style 18's in the UK as no cars come with them as standard. They are a 700 Euro option in Germany on the S3 but Audi wont bring the option to UK. I can buy a set as a special order accessory for about £2200 from Audi, or aftermarket from a UK wheel distributor for £625 with Toyo Proxy T1R's. Its an angry sticking point as I didn't expect to pay this much for a car and be expected to change the wheels myself as Audi won't 'help out'.

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
What i didn't add to that, as it was late and i was tired, was those same journalist's, praised the car for its performance and handling, and said it was far better than the FR. So they have been fiddling with something, its not just a badge. ;)

Thats good news :) Were EVO included in the list as I'm looking forward to hearing what they think of it. It was their review of the LCR that finally persuaded me, although I am unlikely to be buying a Cupra (or any new car) again.

Bob

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thats good news :) Were EVO included in the list as I'm looking forward to hearing what they think of it. It was their review of the LCR that finally persuaded me, although I am unlikely to be buying a Cupra (or any new car) again.

Bob

No idea which mags etc got a look, i only know a lot of journo's got a preview of the car fairly recently, i would guess their previews are under wraps, or in the editorial stages at the moment, so stuff might start to surface in the next couple of weeks.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Had a bit more clarification on this info, and my apologies for leading anyone up a garden path, there are some similarities in what we had heard already, but what follows is from the horses mouth at SEAT UK.

SEAT are pleased that the new car is generating a lot of interest and anticipation on the forums. They have answered the questions we put to them, to help clarify things.

• The new Cupra has not been delayed due to a restyling exercise.

• The car is still due to arrive in the UK early next year, as previously communicated, but the exact date is to be confirmed.

• The first international press drives of the car will take place week commencing 6 November in Spain, so you will see the first road tests in the press after this date.

• SEAT UK have heard that there may be very minor changes to the grille compared with the show car that was displayed at both the London and Paris Motor Shows, but this will be confirmed next month, at the car's official press launch.

However, there will be no 'radical' restyling - the car will look 99% the same
as the show car.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
me too :) I was quite content with how it was presented, but there is some similarities in what we had heard, and ultimately this info has answered most of our questions.

Roll on Press launch ;)

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Had a bit more clarification on this info, and my apologies for leading anyone up a garden path, there are some similarities in what we had heard already, but what follows is from the horses mouth at SEAT UK.

SEAT are pleased that the new car is generating a lot of interest and anticipation on the forums. They have answered the questions we put to them, to help clarify things.

• The new Cupra has not been delayed due to a restyling exercise.

• The car is still due to arrive in the UK early next year, as previously communicated, but the exact date is to be confirmed.

• The first international press drives of the car will take place week commencing 6 November in Spain, so you will see the first road tests in the press after this date.

• SEAT UK have heard that there may be very minor changes to the grille compared with the show car that was displayed at both the London and Paris Motor Shows, but this will be confirmed next month, at the car's official press launch.

However, there will be no 'radical' restyling - the car will look 99% the same
as the show car.

Thats a shame as personally I am a bit disappointed with the Cupra's styling.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK

main.php

Less Chrome & HoneyCombe

Eri

Oct 7, 2006
Hello Mark,

Thanks for your info ! I am happy to read that:

A. There won't be any delay in the uk, so that you guy's also have the
oportunity to order a Cupra.

B. I didn't order a car that is altered just one month after i bought it.

Cheers,

Eric

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hi Eric,

There may still be an small change to the grille (but given the European build date) I can't see it not being done on all the Cupra's from first build, seems to be something they've decided on since the Motorshows. But we in the UK still don't expect to see cars here until the new year, Europe always get them first.

However its good news that the press launch is fast approaching, so we'll get plenty of pictures to look at in the mean time. :)

Looking forward to ordering mine in the New Year ;)

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As an exact date is still to be announced, i'd still be working on a Feb/March timeframe, as it seems that's what the dealers are working to, but i would expect a UK press realease soon after the international launch, that should answer these questions.

I've got my deposit on standby anyway ;) As i know you have :p

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Spoke to the manager at my local dealers yesterday, he said he's going to a dealers forum at the begining of the week & they expecting to be given some more info on the Cupra as it's causing a lot of interest, he'd not heard of any delay's, but has told me to call him towards the end of the week so he can update me.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members