www.seatcupra.net
cupramockup2jr1.jpg

cuprasilverlu8.jpg

cuprasilverchopskirtszk5.jpg

Scott

Last edited:

Rullez

@all

Hallo, I´m interested following this thread at your forum. Because here in Germany the Leon-Forums already are not able to answer one question. Perhaps someone of you know the answer:

What kind of technical mods could have the engine of the new LCR ??? Or would the new Cupra has only a software-update to the GTI with 200 / Edition 230 hp ???

I hope that the engine and turbo would have the same mods as the new Audi S3.

Could somebody answer my questions ???

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Unfortunately that is a question we all want answering too. We know the Cupra is specified as 240 hp , some of the engine layout does look similar to the S3 engine, pipework etc. But we dont as yet know, which turbo its using.

The hope is its a detuned K04 which would make it capable of upto 300hp, otherwise its K03 version, which tuned won't be much more than the FR or Golf GTI, its unlike VW/Audi to push components too close to their maximums, and for it to be a racier fast car, the K04 makes more sense.

But we can only wait and see, until someone physically can look under the bonnet and see, were all a bit in the dark.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
see what you mean, I suppose it does a little but not as much as the aero kit - hopefully they will release it with its own ... anythings possible I suppose.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
In the Audi dealership I was reading the October 2006 edition of Audi Driver Magazine (viewable / available to buy on the Autometrix website). There is an article in there about the new S3, and I am certain that it states that the Leon Cupra will be using a slightly detuned version of the S3 engine/turbo set up, and not the Golf GTi uptuned. I'm almost certain of this because I thought, 'bugger, this means the Cupra will probably have more WHP than the S3!'. I ordered the mag yesterday so will confirm when it arrives. How they know and you lot don't surprises me, so it may be conjecture.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
is there any truth the rumours that stuff we took for granted on the LCRs as standard are optional on the new LC? Brembos etc?

I was lead to beleive that the UK would have std fit 4 pots (unlike Europe who will get the option)

papdog

Update for you, the Brembo brakes are not going to be fitted to the car so we have heard. Apparently they are not up to the job. The car will now be getting brakes from the Golf R32