Leon front crash bumper same as golf,a3...????

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Right well basically had my first snow driving experience today and it wasnt good managed to slide into a telegraph pole and have damaged the front crossmember/slam panel/crumple bar whatever you may wish to call it, at the moment I have had to remove it and refit the bumper so i could drive it home from work without any noticeable damage to keep the parents happy. So the information im after is I am going to have to go to a breakers tomorrow and get a replacement crossmember wondering would one from an audi a3 or mk4 golf fit the same as a leon one as my local breakers has 1 leon but someones had the crossmember already but there are 4 mk4 golfs there.
Cheers for taking the time to help.

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
vagcat.com

Try going on vagcat.com, and checking out part numbers/diagrams to see if they are similar.
Its a handy resource vagcat.com, especially when replacing dented/broken bits!!

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Just had a look on Vagcat and its a great vey helpful website so cheers for recommending it but unfortunatly it couldnt help me as it wasnt very clear about the cross member.
I've had a look at mk4 golfs that are breaking and the pics look like it has the same cross member so I think I will just have to go and have a look and see what I can find.

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
O right yeh did wonder think theres 2 types one for the 1.4 and 1.6 and 1 for the 1.9 and 1.8 as there are 2 different radiators 1 has the air con rad aswell. Going to have a ride over the breakers anyway as I need the fog lamp switch of the leon anyway so will have a browse and see what I can find.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.