Leon mk3?

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Was thinking of changing my current Leon FR CR Tdi by the the end of next Feb 2013 when it will be 3 years old. Did really want to change before end of Feb when MOT etc is due.
I was originally thinking of chaging to a FR+ tsi but I understand that they are now no longer available.
What might now be available by February? I would want another FR and wondered how the 1.8 tsi might comapre with the tdi I have now or whether I should go for another diesel?

Perhaps I should even consider changing now and going for the FR+ tdi whilst they are still available at reasonable prices.
Completely confused as to what to do at present. I wasn't expecting this new model.

Last edited:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
The Leon will get a 2ltr to rival the GTI, just doubt it'll be on the FR as that is simply a trim level.

PreFL Mk2 FR will become MK3 Cupra, most likely.

sosidge

Jun 5, 2004
It's funny how the inclusion of the Ibiza-style styling makes the car look like a low-rent version of a Kia. Probably not the intention.

Misses the mark in the pictures. No "emocion". Then again, the Citroen DS3 looks rotten in pictures but somehow works in the flesh, so I'll reserve judgement.

gareth86

Oct 9, 2010
Kent
It's funny how the inclusion of the Ibiza-style styling makes the car look like a low-rent version of a Kia. Probably not the intention.

Misses the mark in the pictures. No "emocion". Then again, the Citroen DS3 looks rotten in pictures but somehow works in the flesh, so I'll reserve judgement.

Been watching YouTube newest uploaded vids on the new Leon and there are few foreign vids appearing here and there with the new Leon in motion and even some reviews inside the car etc. Problem is I haven't got a clue what they're saying lol. Personally I don't think the pictures we're seeing are doing it justice. In the vids I've seen it definitely looks a lot better (in my opinion) than it does in the official pics SEAT released.

I'm still a bit disappointed that it doesn't look like they're putting a 2.0 TSI in the FR though. Will have to see how the 1.8 performs...

fanle

Looks like a fatter, longer and wider Ibiza to me. The front of these new Seats look too much of the same and theres not much to define between them.

Feels like they are all turning into Audi's and VW's which all look the same and losing that special uniqueness which set Seat apart for me.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Looks like a fatter, longer and wider Ibiza to me. The front of these new Seats look too much of the same and theres not much to define between them.

Feels like they are all turning into Audi's and VW's which all look the same and losing that special uniqueness which set Seat apart for me.

It's a shame, every car manufacturer seems to just make the same looking car in different sizes... Just watched classic car rescue where they did a Jag E-Type, it's such a good looking car! Cars nowadays have nothing about them to set them apart from the crowd.

fanle

It's a shame, every car manufacturer seems to just make the same looking car in different sizes... Just watched classic car rescue where they did a Jag E-Type, it's such a good looking car! Cars nowadays have nothing about them to set them apart from the crowd.

I agree, just looking at the current range of Seats, the Mii, Ibiza and Leon all just look identical. Even Alfa's are looking the same these days :cry:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
That's brand identity

If you want a car that doesn't look like any other car, whether in it's range or not, just check out Ssangyong

fanle

That's brand identity

If you want a car that doesn't look like any other car, whether in it's range or not, just check out Ssangyong

Do you not think though that the current mk2 leon and pre facelift Ibiza had their own unique styles that where completely different yet still immeditately identifiable as Seats?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Oh, believe me as a SEAT geek I'm still having to look really hard at the Mk5 FL Ibiza & Mk3 Leon to tell them apart from most angles.

It's almost like they got the photocopier on 125% & went home at times.

I'm hoping side by side it's a bit different

Deleted member 74601

Oh, believe me as a SEAT geek I'm still having to look really hard at the Mk5 FL Ibiza & Mk3 Leon to tell them apart from most angles.

It's almost like they got the photocopier on 125% & went home at times.

I'm hoping side by side it's a bit different

That's exactly how I felt about the new Fiesta/Focus.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members