Leon Side Light Bulb Removal

Cupraloon

Can any one tell me how to get the side light bulbs out on a 2002 Leon Cupra, I've tried pulling the lil buggers, twisting the lil buggers, pulling & twisting the lil buggers..... but nowt, they just will not budge.... :help:

I didn't want to go berserk with them and break something...

Can't see how they are held in that's the first problem, on most other cars i've had they are a push and 1/4 twist fit, but these ones just go round and round and will not come out, it's a mistery...:confused:

I just gave up in the end and put the car back together......

Any help any one can give would be appreciated... :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

eltel

Jun 19, 2007
Hampshire
Hey there...
They just push in. Might need to give them a wiggle whilst pulling them out. Or on the section where the wiring goes, try some needle nose pliers.

Changed all the bulbs this weekend so They will eventually come out.... :)

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Im Sure You Do Just Pull Them As Thats All I Did
But They Are Very Hard To Remove, But A Good Tug Did The Trick For Me.
But Im Sure Someone Else Will Be Able To Confirm

(Please Excuse The Capitals Thats HOW I Do My Work Most Of The Time And I Forgot To Take It Off Be For Typing And Now Cant Be Bothered Re Typing)

Cupraloon

i used a pair of snipe nosed pliers

just grip, wiggle and pull

they are a bit of a bitch

Cheers stuart,

Arn't they just, thought i was going to break something, after all that the led side light bulbs i've had knocking about for ages one doesn't work....[:@]

Oh well, cheers all for the help.... :)

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
Cheers stuart,

Arn't they just, thought i was going to break something, after all that the led side light bulbs i've had knocking about for ages one doesn't work....[:@]

Oh well, cheers all for the help.... :)

leds only work one way cupraloon just try swaping the terminals around,:)

Cupraloon

leds only work one way cupraloon just try swaping the terminals around,:)

Yup, cheers ted, i treid them both ways and one is just knackered, thier 4 diode led's and 2 of the diode's don't work on one of them.... [:@]

Don't know why i had them in my bike for while so they must have blown or summat cos they were working fine.... very misterious..:confused:

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
Yup, cheers ted, i treid them both ways and one is just knackered, thier 4 diode led's and 2 of the diode's don't work on one of them.... [:@]

Don't know why i had them in my bike for while so they must have blown or summat cos they were working fine.... very misterious..:confused:

Mine just did exactly the same thing - been working fine, then suddenly one went down to 2 LEDs and started strobing! I'm sure the boys in blue wouldn't like that so it had to come straight out. Can't figure out why it happened though, been looking at all the connections inside the 'bulb' and all seems ok. Its ok with the old bulb, so it looks like I'll have to fork out for another set... :doh: