Less responsive gauge!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Ive just notcied something while driving! The gauge i have hardly moves it just stay on vac pressure -8.

When i tap the gas pedal it dosnt move!
when i rev it hard it move up to max vac pressure of -5

The DV is not loud as it was on normal driving.

Any suggestion on what this could be?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Is the car performing OK?

It's probably something simple like a hose for the gauge has popped off. Have you checked all the hoses and connections?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well it has become alttle less responsive than normal. the vacum line from gauge to the dv T connector fine! The dv to main pressure is ok! Double checked it ensure clips are tight

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
boost leak

my gt4 did this with the gauge and was driving like a clio
had a pokey under the bonnet and the vac line into the t-piece had split

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
boost leak

my gt4 did this with the gauge and was driving like a clio
had a pokey under the bonnet and the vac line into the t-piece had split

I agree. If the car isn't performing 100% and the gauge isn't reading right, you have a leak somewhere.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Could it be leaking from some where else.
The DV and gauge are on the same feed, (they look fine). then it metal pipe, that goes toward the front of the engine.
What are the chance of it leaking from there?

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
quick 1.

is the vac line from the gauge to the top of the dv clear plastic that comes with alot of gauges or silicon vac line??? (think thats where you have it)

the clear plastic hoses go rock hard quick and split easily over time with the heat they are under
if you havent already id replace it with a silicon one irrespective of whether thats where your leak/problem is

leak could be any one of the boost pipes, could be IC-inlet hose at either end, charge pipe-dv hose or the charge pipe hose itself, tip, n75 hose

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Could it be leaking from some where else.
The DV and gauge are on the same feed, (they look fine). then it metal pipe, that goes toward the front of the engine.
What are the chance of it leaking from there?

You need to look beyond the gauge and DV. The leak could be coming from any part of the system, not just these areas.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
quick 1.

is the vac line from the gauge to the top of the dv clear plastic that comes with alot of gauges or silicon vac line??? (think thats where you have it)

the clear plastic hoses go rock hard quick and split easily over time with the heat they are under
if you havent already id replace it with a silicon one irrespective of whether thats where your leak/problem is

leak could be any one of the boost pipes, could be IC-inlet hose at either end, charge pipe-dv hose or the charge pipe hose itself, tip, n75 hose

Yeh the pipe that they use in the fish tanks! Threw away time ago! looks and gets abit wonky under heat! i replaced it blue silicon hose!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
id start checking all the other hoses i mentionned then
make sure they are fully over all the pipes they connect to and held on tight

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
just done another check!
what is this thing! it? you know where vacum from dv follows all the way down towards the front of the engine next to the dip stick. Its connected to this small motor thing. it has a small knob that you can turn up/down.
what is that for and does it make any different

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.