lights on buzzer not working UPDATE ??

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Does the interior light come on when each door is open?

If it does then I reckon you have an instrument cluster fault. If not I reckon you have a door open switch fault.

The door open switches are built into the door lock/catch.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
iv had this plenty of wd40 helps dont unlock your car and throw keys on seat and shut door the door will lock its self i found this out.

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Has been discussed many times on here. It the microswitch that has rubbed away on the driver door lock.

Let me guess.... you unlock your car but the alarm kicks in after a couple of seconds, no warning when lights or left on, fuel pump doesn't prime when you open the drivers door.

Take care, or you may lock your keys in the car.

Someone has posted on here which switches to buy etc.

I've dymamatted my door so can't be bothered to fix the microswitch, it will be a PITA form me.

ANDYH1966

Feb 17, 2007
seatibizafr.weebly.com
Has been discussed many times on here. It the microswitch that has rubbed away on the driver door lock.

Let me guess.... you unlock your car but the alarm kicks in after a couple of seconds, no warning when lights or left on, fuel pump doesn't prime when you open the drivers door.

Take care, or you may lock your keys in the car.

Someone has posted on here which switches to buy etc.

I've dymamatted my door so can't be bothered to fix the microswitch, it will be a PITA form me.

the switch is built into the lock waiting for a price:(

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
the switch is built into the lock waiting for a price:(

As far as the Seat parts department know, yes this is true. In reality the micro switch is a replaceable part and costs about £2 from Maplins or RS components.

I have had this apart on my brothers old pd130 and the switch is deffo able to be replaced but it isn't a spared part as far as Seat are concerned.

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
Hey did you get this sorted as mine is screwed now by looks of it, no buzzer when lights on and I open door, and no interior light when door open, not a huge problem but a pain in the arse knowing it's not right

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
It's working again has been all week! I think the SCN fairy has been and sprinkled my car :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise