Limited slip diff needed in Leon FR???

bellkevin

Hey everyone,
I'm looking at getting my ecu re mapped and having the dpf removed as well as the full exhaust done. :D

One thing I have thought of was with all that extra power; wouldn't it be wasted with an open diff?? :cry: I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find proof that the FR does or does not have a LSD.

I'm sure it doesn't because of cost in production. When I turn the traction control off, in the wet the front end skips around under power in 2nd gear.

The tyre quality isn't the best but I thought it would be better to have both wheels spin rather than the one and can’t put the power down?? :confused:. Impressive power but thrown away..

It does feel like both are spinning but can't be sure..

Poverty

Hey everyone,
I'm looking at getting my ecu re mapped and having the dpf removed as well as the full exhaust done. :D

One thing I have thought of was with all that extra power; wouldn't it be wasted with an open diff?? :cry: I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find proof that the FR does or does not have a LSD.

I'm sure it doesn't because of cost in production. When I turn the traction control off, in the wet the front end skips around under power in 2nd gear.

The tyre quality isn't the best but I thought it would be better to have both wheels spin rather than the one and can’t put the power down?? :confused:. Impressive power but thrown away..

It does feel like both are spinning but can't be sure..

both will have lite up. Car only has electronic diff.

bellkevin

Ah right. Cool. How does that work? I know the friction plate diff really well but electronic?? Brakes??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.