limp mode

LC Ibiza Cupra

Feb 18, 2007
Cardiff
i was drivin my car on friday afternoon, came to a set of traffic lights, lights went green put my foot down and heard the turbo startin to spool, then suddenly the turbo seemed to shut down.:(
started crappin my load, took it to an auto electritian he ran a diagnostic check on the car the fault that came up was, so he said> maximum boost exceeded
so he reset it and said everything was now fine. have u ever heard of this fault or do u think hes trying to blag me?:confused:

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
i had that come up once but once i cleared it - never had it since -

at the time i was having issues with a boost leak and dodgy maff if that helps -

Ryan-CupraT

Oct 1, 2006
it had happend to me before also. mine was over boosting. happens to my friend when he gives it maxwell

ian_cupra

mines doing the same, changing the n75 next, cos done all the usual suspects!

vag-com doesnt even help when its an over boost, the into limp mode

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
i was drivin my car on friday afternoon, came to a set of traffic lights, lights went green put my foot down and heard the turbo startin to spool, then suddenly the turbo seemed to shut down.:(
started crappin my load, took it to an auto electritian he ran a diagnostic check on the car the fault that came up was, so he said> maximum boost exceeded
so he reset it and said everything was now fine. have u ever heard of this fault or do u think hes trying to blag me?:confused:

Yea it read that cos your car over boosted, its a saftey feature in the ecu, mine used to go in limpmode alot when i first got it mapped. But eventually the ecu will self learn your driving style and it wont do it anymore. if it does it again just switch the ignition off and on again.:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise