Liquid boost gauge for leon

pmcd84

Jul 18, 2009
Aberdeen
Hi all was wondering for people who have this in their motor, if these liquid gauges are any good and worth the money?? Have noticed these on ebay going for £200. Was thinking of fitting a boost gauge and oil temp, but these look and sound the part. Any feedback would be helpful. Sorry if someone has already post a thread about these gauges already. Cheers.

s3tuy

Been looking at these myself but on the awsome gti forum, look the part, if you have a look at the threads on there it gives you a good explanation of what it's about, or just give them a phone and ask. Think it may even be cheaper on there to.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
yup, ive had one a year, i got the prototype from race diagnostics guys...

great piece of kit, saved me a ton in fault code readings alone.

easy to fit, works very well....

pmcd84

Jul 18, 2009
Aberdeen
Fitted it yesterday, awesome piece of kit well worth the ££££ and easy to fit. Still need to try out my 0-60mph lol :D

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Where have you guys fitted these? Really want one but dont want to loose a air vent lol.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I have just fitted one on my steering column; with my eyeline it is just below central cluster of lights on the dash between the speedo and rev counter. 0-60 = 6.4s .. need some more practice! :cartman:

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
These look like a good bit of kit actually, not sure how keen I would be to sacrifice that vent but guess thats the way it is.

Just looking through the instructions they give and they seem to suffice but don't answer the 2 questions I have.
How big and obtrusive is the cable once plugged into the OBD port? if anybody has a pic that would be great.
and theres a ribbon cable from the gauge but then its a wire at the OBD port, do the 2 connect under the dash or am I confuesed?

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
These look like a good bit of kit actually, not sure how keen I would be to sacrifice that vent but guess thats the way it is.

Just looking through the instructions they give and they seem to suffice but don't answer the 2 questions I have.
How big and obtrusive is the cable once plugged into the OBD port? if anybody has a pic that would be great.
and theres a ribbon cable from the gauge but then its a wire at the OBD port, do the 2 connect under the dash or am I confuesed?

ribbon cable connects into the back of the guage then joins the obd lead.... obd connection barely noticeable mark

also dont notice the lack of air vent, you have another 3 anyway.

if you do fit make sure you blank the old airway off with bubble wrap or similar to stop hot air going onto the guage

great piece of kit, and its updateable also.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.