list of errors on new cupra :(

RSTuning

Ah ok, sorry i just assumed induction kit. My bad!

I need to check the diary but it's not too bad due to xmas etc. I know i have alot to book in though. If you have a date in mind let me know and i'll see what i can do.

We'll be about 3 hours on the dyno to fine tune the map and suit how you want the power :)

Paul

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am not in to this Stage 1 x Stage 2 y stuff, but I am interested to know that if you adapt the code on a MK2 Leon Cupra to suit modifications like an exhaust, intake and intercooler, how it could be classed as "Stage 2" when the limiting factor for every other tuner on the MK2 Leon Cupra is the amount of fuel that can be fed in to the engine?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
could it need a larger FPR also?
i know he has recently had around 300bhp from a mk2 cupra

300bhp is attained by all tuners. Problem is that the pump cant get enough fuel in to the engine regardless of what FPR or injector size is used. The pump is the limiting factor.

beezasport

Sold the car to buy a....
So far i've not had any problems with the tfsi's in general but all have been a stage 1 setup. I know the octy vrs with a stage 2 sometimes experiences issues resolved by an uprated pump.

I Can take into account the mods you have on the car no problem but i would not expect better flow from a £200 quid filter than from the one the manufacturer spent thousands developing!

On average most filters we see have actually lost some power compared to a standard airbox with a foam panel filter.

If you need anymore info feel free to ask away

Cheers

Paul

P.s. any news on the car Wayne?

may need an uprated pump them. i'm not sure. Paul will be on soon enough to answer :)

cupraII

Dec 23, 2007
Thought it was the common rail pump that was the issue. The in tank pump is not where the pressure drop is coming in IIRC.

Correct, common rail pump is the limiting factor in uprating the K04 version of the TFSI fitted to the Cupra, Audi S3 & 30 Annivarsary Golf. Most Stage 1 upgrades from any reputable company can offer the ECU flash with no detremental effect caused by the fuel pump (they just need to have a full understanding of its limitations)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
but i would not expect better flow from a £200 quid filter than from the one the manufacturer spent thousands developing!

On average most filters we see have actually lost some power compared to a standard airbox with a foam panel filter.

Thats so true, the majority of people will not accept that the standard paper filter will outflow replacement filters and enclosed cones. In this months edition of "redline" there was at most a 1bhp advantage over stock for replaceing a stock filter with various aftermarket ones, some lost power(not a 1.8T engine).

RSTuning

Assume that the mappers have already taken that into account when they measure the AFR when they developed the maps?

I'd hope so! I try not to touch any turbo petrols now without logging afr, especially when it appears the pumps are some what stressed!

Paul

H8T WP

Okay, back to the topic. i think the problem was resolved by changing the fuel pressure sensor which had blown... not sure if it was remap related......

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.