little help needed with electrics

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
i have been trying to find my problem with my lights coming on very dim when i turn the iginition on even if the light aint turned on there on but only very dim i have been looking for the earthing problem so i pulled all the fuse box out and tested every wire with a current screw driver to see if its earthing or not i then decided to see if the positive was earthing and it seems to be very slighley. what i need to no is is the power cable to the fuese box direct from the battery as i have untaped the wire a little down after the battery and the positive seems to have a few wires added further down ( red ) which i think go to the fuse box as well

can anyone help me out here

also dose anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram of the whole car

thanks

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when you say the lights are not turned on are they OFF completely or do you mean 'that' light itself because if the sidelights are on when you turn the ignition is turned on the main lights will glow dimly as well, it is meant to do that

if you want a simple 3 stage side/main/high look to behind the inner wing by the battery there is a resistor mounted on the reverse that is awkward to get to but look for the 2 yellow wires and unplug it and the 'glow' part of the sidelights will no longer work so may be worth checking wiring there too

also handy if you fit HID lights as they dont like the standard system

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
when you say the lights are not turned on are they OFF completely or do you mean 'that' light itself because if the sidelights are on when you turn the ignition is turned on the main lights will glow dimly as well, it is meant to do that

if you want a simple 3 stage side/main/high look to behind the inner wing by the battery there is a resistor mounted on the reverse that is awkward to get to but look for the 2 yellow wires and unplug it and the 'glow' part of the sidelights will no longer work so may be worth checking wiring there too

there compleateley off and there very dim its easyer to see the rear lights than the front but there are on and also wne the keys are not in the iginition and i press the brake pedal the buzzer for the lights comes on untill i take my foot of the pedal again

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
oooh sounds a bit more of an issue then

unplug the resistor should remove the ignition side of the circuit for now but ill sort a wiring diag out later

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland

I wonder if thats what the yellow wire is that I have behind the wing on the drivers side. :confused:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i did but all i can find is a basic one from a haynes manual scan sadly - ill send it over to see if that helps at all

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
thanks to be honest anything is good as i dont have a clue about where the wiring gose

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.