Looking for horsepower advice

Mar 17, 2021
Alright guys,

This is my first time posting, I’ve recently purchased a Leon fr 2.0 tdi and want to up the power to as close to 300 as possible and halos anything it’ll need to handle the increase in power, after watching countless videos and trawling through threads til my eyes burn I’m still no closer. I’d really appreciate if someone could compile a simple list of what I’d need. I believe the car already has a cobra middle section and backbox/tailpipe, A ram airfliter and the previous owner said that he believed it had been re-mapped but had no proof of this. I’d really appreciate it if someone could take time to help me out because I think if I watch one more walk round and breakdown of a 300hp fr on YouTube my heads going to explode🤣 any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Reactions: Dbonjela

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate I don’t really know a lot of tdi engines but I know that darkside developments are the people you should ask. They’ll be able to tell you what you need and even supply you the parts.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You better have deep ******* pockets if you want a TDi with that much power. The Torque generated at that level will be your biggest problem.

You'll find it cheaper to buy a Cupra and take that to 300bhp.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
It's a shame there aren't more options to match gear ratios and the torque available to the ability of the tyres to grip the road.

Terminator

Aug 21, 2020
Alright guys,

This is my first time posting, I’ve recently purchased a Leon fr 2.0 tdi and want to up the power to as close to 300 as possible and halos anything it’ll need to handle the increase in power, after watching countless videos and trawling through threads til my eyes burn I’m still no closer. I’d really appreciate if someone could compile a simple list of what I’d need. I believe the car already has a cobra middle section and backbox/tailpipe, A ram airfliter and the previous owner said that he believed it had been re-mapped but had no proof of this. I’d really appreciate it if someone could take time to help me out because I think if I watch one more walk round and breakdown of a 300hp fr on YouTube my heads going to explode🤣 any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Hi you need the following (for over 300bhp):
Sachs SRE clutch (£1,000).
GTB2260VK turbo & tubular manifold.
3" downpipe (76mm) / full exhaust.
EGR blanked.
Ported head.
Injectors.
CP3 fuel pump upgrade.
Finally remapped.

The above will cost at least £6,500.

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hi you need the following:
Uprated clutch (£1,000).
GTB2260 turbo & tubular manifold.
3" downpipe / full exhaust.
EGR blanked.
Ported head.
Uprated valve springs.
272 cams.
CP3 fuel pump upgrade.
Finally remapped.

The above will cost at least 7 grand, darkside are very expensive but they are experts.
Aye and i would rather have 7 grand in the bank.

Sell up and put the 7 grand spend into a car that is made for 300bhp.

or just go stick 7k down the toilet.

best bang for buck on a diesel is a remap. Get that done and leave it IMO.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members