lose of power / hesitation on acceleration. MAF? (leon cupra)

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
have you tried a throttle body reset?
from cold, leave the ign on for about 5mins and it will align the throttle body.
worth a ago?

ukdub

mine is booked in with seat on the 21st i am even thinking it has something to do with the drive by wire because it feels that it runs on 1/2 to 3/4 throttle even when my foot is to the floor

andycupra

status subject to change
hi,

well what can i say:
after 2 years, 4 dealers, 1 new n75 valve, 2 sets of plugs, 3 new MAfs, countless visits to dealers, visits to tuners, calls to seat, 2 services, lots of my hard earned cash, (not sure of exact figure but its over £400) not to mention the hours spent on the car myself and the 2 years of problematic driving..

its fixed! :)

while its good to drive the car now, im still smarting from this, how can something that was reported to SEAT when there is still 4-5 months left on the original warranty cause soo much trouble and cost to me?

the fix?

wait for it...

PUT THE CORRECT MAF ON THE CAR.

yes you heard me..
put the CORRECT MAF on!

Still cant beliive it.
The MAF on the car was a differnet part number to what should have been on the car.
It was the same part number other then the last character. L or D

Unbeliveably the dealers just replaced like for like what was on the car.
One even said they updated the MAF and that was why the part number was different to that showing against the chassis!

Im soo annoyed. This is unbelievable. How can this happen?
The previous owner isnt aware of the MAF being changed, the part that was on the car is from a later chassis than mine...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
hrm interesting reading this thread, I've also been having the same problems ever since I had the APR software, have had the MAF changed twice as well, might be worth checking the part number I think

any idea what should be the correct part number for the MAF on a 04 LCR

andycupra

status subject to change
jonathanp said:
hrm interesting reading this thread, I've also been having the same problems ever since I had the APR software, have had the MAF changed twice as well, might be worth checking the part number I think

any idea what should be the correct part number for the MAF on a 04 LCR

No idea

Give a dealer a call and make sure they search using your chassis number and compare your to theirs. Dont be helpfull and supply it or let anyone look at the car to get the part number!

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Uber gutted, How much petrol has gone into that car ! I had a dead MAF also. It kills the car and makes u think of getting rid of one of the greatest looking cars ever ! Im off to check Ive got the right MAF fitted now ! lol

Faster88

Sorry don't no if this is the rite place to ask for help?? Just got a Cupra 03 with engine issues, done the manifold gasket and plugs an had it runnin sweet!! But the next day it's all gone to f##k, starts an runs ok for first 3/4 mins then engine juders around an wants to stall?? Can't really drive it as it backfires and has no power when pressin accelerator?? Changed, maf/n75 valve/inlet gasket/checked vac pipes/cleaned throttle body and sensor/checked timing chains lined up rite??? Hoping it's not the ecu cuz I'll lose the map, Just scratching my head guys? Any ideas????

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise