Loss of Power and Car Conking Out

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Hi chaps,

Havnt had an issue for a while so guess ive been lucky but today....:(

Gave it a full wash and general check over had the induction hose off and cleaned it out. Gave it a few shots of carb cleaner and a good wipe out....but since putting it all back together ive had the above problem..

Ill be driving along and the car will judder horribley, loose power..even if i have my foot on the floor and not rev at all....then it will just die.

Its taken me half hour to do 3 miles

Ive had every thing all off again as i thought there might be a gap in the induction pipe filter set off and i cant see anything. Ticking over it revs fine..

Any idea's ???:blink:

vngtx

breather pipe to air intake? you got water on the dizzy or coil?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
not got a crap old plastic in line fuel filter lying about under the bonnet at all ?

water in the wrong hole as above

dodgy coil ?

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Ive had the lot off twice and everything is all together and all jubile clips are nice and done up.....i am stummped.

It revs fine on stand still and will drive nicely along for about 30 seconds and then start juddering...

So gutted, got the polo door handles on today after owning them for 6 months and they look great...maybe this is the cars way of telling me it doesnt like them??

I have these hoses off every few months and never have this agro ??

coil ?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
going to sound realllly daft but will it do the same if the fuel filler cap is left off ?

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Right, just been to check the coil and its as dry as a bone.

but i have a burning smell as soon as i lifted the bonnet and a bit of smoke...

i am lost guys ???

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i had the same problem when my coil pack went dan, it wasn't cracked or nothing, so if anyone near you got one *cough* gtikezz *cough* then go an pick it up and try it :)

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Yeah, i said coil to myself right after i checked to see it wasnt me having messed anything up today....

Ill see how it is in the morning...

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
hi m8 if u want to pop over tmoz or summat and try the coil off the one i have u are more than welcome :) if u get stuck at least you can rule a few things out mate

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Cheers Kez,

I am going to see how it is in the morning and if its still the same then it can go into midland VW. It was going in for a service anyway this week.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
99.9% at the moment....

Looks like the clean i gave it out yesterday has sent it faulty..

Its picking up one minute then failing the next causing the loss of revs and shutting on the fuel and the shutting the car off....

Its down at the garage now and ive told them to service it while they have it. Its a tad overdue..

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Ah what a prob :(

Had similar problems when my coil was on its way out - just replaced it and it was fine.
Think my GTI is on its way now, will be back low and slow in the 1.4

Ollie

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.