Loss of power, DPF, Emissions Control Light and Glow plug lights on serious issues

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
having just got my car back for seat on thursday after they replaced the dfp pressure sensor and had it on an extensive test drive due to them not being happy with pressures and it lost power whilst there. They managed to sort if and i picked it up on thursday and it was all ok untill i got home.

I left the car standing for a few minutes and then was on my way to work. As i got in the car the dpf light came on and i had to then after work go and clear it on a good run, but this did not happen and i was stumped so i went home and as i pulled into my street the glow plug light started flashing at me so i left it at that and rang dealer this morning.

They asked me to come in on the 20th as this was the only time i could have a courtesy car and they would keep my car for a week. Ok this will have to do i said and asked can i still drive it to which they said yes :confused:

So again i leave for work only this time to find the emissons control light on along with the other 2, i again rang them and they asked me to ring monday and we will try get me in tuesday, so i said fine and again asked can i still drive the car with the 3 lights on and the glow plugs flashing, he said yes. So ok off i go again.

Drove down the road and i just lost all power, it would only goto 3,000 rpm and was not giving me anything just poor poor responses etc so i rang the agent and again told them this to which they said we need to get u in asap and im taking it in tomorrow and getting a replacement car while mine is being sorted.......

does anyone know what the hell is going on with it? they say they fixed it and it seemed to of caused more problems :s

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
will be a sensor in the exhaust somewhere just takes time finding it.

Your issues sound pretty standard to be honest, a few of us have lost our cars for a few days while the figure out which one it is.....

I'd suggest that anyone with a DPF will experience at least 1 garage trip in its warranty period to replace 1 or more sensors.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
The car is just in "limp" mode (limp-home). It is basically the car protecting itself from any damage by stopping the engine revving highly, stopping the turbo etc etc.

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
yes, i noticed a few ppl have experience these issues after extensive searching. Car went in this morning and he said they had ordered 3 new sensors as its likely to be one of them and said hopefuly have it back monday.

Till then i have a 1.2 ibiza coupe lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.