lost my under tray engine cover in snow

paultdi

help lost my under tray engine cover in the snow dose anyone know where to get 1 :confused:

paultdi

seen them on e bay for £70 seems a lot for piece of plastic with foam stuck to it is it essential that its on the car what difference dose it make ???

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
The undertray on my Passat is in 2 parts, front and rear.

The rear half got ripped off in the snow last winter.

Now, when I reverse through any deep snow when turning around, the rear edge of the front half scoops up snow, which then weighs the tray down so much it's now getting battered by the ridges of hard icy snow between tyre tracks.

So how long mine will last, who knows !

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Mine fell off ages ago, and its staying off!

Pain in the bloody arse! Aerodynamics my arse, we are driving Leons not bloody F1's.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Mine fell off ages ago, and its staying off!

Pain in the bloody arse! Aerodynamics my arse, we are driving Leons not bloody F1's.

+1
i know seats are underated but i don't think seat did any research on ducting/cooling of the undertray if it fits various other models like bora/passat etc. how can it still work the same way if the passat engine is mounted the other way round :shrug:

paultdi

hmm interesting iv done nothing been out blasting down motorways today cant feel any diffrence but on tic over you can definatly hear slightly more clatter from engine and as for protecting the sump it did not work to well last year when i hit traffic island in ice and smashed big hole in sump ,sump was only £40 to replace oil cost more !!

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
+1
i know seats are underated but i don't think seat did any research on ducting/cooling of the undertray if it fits various other models like bora/passat etc. how can it still work the same way if the passat engine is mounted the other way round :shrug:

Doesn't fit the Passat, that's why. ;)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
The plastic undertray has no real use and protects nothing. Aero dynamics my ass and with it off engine cooling will be much improved. If you are thinking about replacing it i would get a steel/alloy one which will at least do some protection for the sump.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise