Loving the 184!

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Yeah it is great knowing I wont be absolutely murdering my bank account with this car despite my lead foot

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Another good economical trip in this morning :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1uYxVHouM2gTVJ5YkZOemRXclE&authuser=0

For some reason, when I post a google drive link, my pic doesn't show??

Wow, i dont think ive seen above 45 yet haha
My trip this morning was only 3 miles due to staying at the missus', dont think I will have got over 25 haha I wasnt late this morning however and drove an entire journey without going above 2000rpm which is an achievement in itself!

And I have no idea why google drive wont work, I dont use it sorry

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
hb9KGup.jpg

My way home from work today, quite happy tbh loads of stopping in traffic and the occasional Sprint between roundabouts

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
How do you guys get your images embedded. I've tried from Dropbox and Google drive and all I get is an image icon

My drive home never is as good as going. Going to work is mostly motorway, therefore the 60 mpg, homeward is mainly A roads, so only managed 49 on the way home tonight ... Partly as some fun roads for cornering :)

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
How do you guys get your images embedded. I've tried from Dropbox and Google drive and all I get is an image icon

My drive home never is as good as going. Going to work is mostly motorway, therefore the 60 mpg, homeward is mainly A roads, so only managed 49 on the way home tonight ... Partly as some fun roads for cornering :)

I upload mine to imgur mate, embeds perfectly every time.

Ive started to get around 40mpg on my journeys now which im happy with, I was getting around that in my old Clio. Just need to calm my lead foot down, its too much fun to fly around in this thing haha

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
I found that around 12k, the engine seemed to losen up, and went from averaging 50MPG on my work journey, to now getting about 56MPG .. with, as you've seen, even some 60+ .....and nah, dont bother calming down :)

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Out of interest, is there a recommended run in mileage on a new 184?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Out of interest, is there a recommended run in mileage on a new 184?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Yes it's in the handbook, off the top of my head 600 miles at no more than 2/3rds engine speed...

Mpg wise the last 2 tanks of fuel (standard shell) have produced 46mpg, the best yet. Still expect more in time.

jageanke

Apr 24, 2015
Derbyshire
Glad to hear people aren't having issues - mine gets delivered tomorrow and I am quite excited! How long were people finding that it took to show up on databases? They said it would be registered the day before (today), but just curious as to how the insurance will work out.

Cheers!

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Glad to hear people aren't having issues - mine gets delivered tomorrow and I am quite excited! How long were people finding that it took to show up on databases? They said it would be registered the day before (today), but just curious as to how the insurance will work out.

Cheers!

The insurance will get updated straight away with your insurance company and should show on ASKMID if you check it with your reg number, but it could take a couple of days to show.

In terms of the GOV.UK vehicle check this usually shows the day after. When my private plate was being put on my car it showed the day after it had been processed by DVLA.

Hope this helps.

jageanke

Apr 24, 2015
Derbyshire
The insurance will get updated straight away with your insurance company and should show on ASKMID if you check it with your reg number, but it could take a couple of days to show.

In terms of the GOV.UK vehicle check this usually shows the day after. When my private plate was being put on my car it showed the day after it had been processed by DVLA.

Hope this helps.

It does thanks - they said just stating the model etc should be fine, but always reassuring when the car appears on the various databases. My first ever new car (had nearly new) - quite excited, as the wife has been trumped already - she ordered an A3 1.4 ACT first (due July) so I had a chance to go and find something slightly quicker :)

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
easily getting mid to late fifties in mine all the time.
Made it to 67 a week or so ago with red fuel light one the last 10miles of journey then managed to get nearly 47litres of diesel in it.
Just about 8000miles on it.

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
At 3K I am beginning to notice the difference on reasonable runs of 25-50 miles. Car data now showing 56-58, rather than 50-52. Actual will be lower, but keeping brim filling records and average from delivery mileage purchase should hit 50 on next refill. Will be very pleased if true mileage beds in at 55+, which looks extremely likely.

KDV

Dec 19, 2012
D&G, Scotland
Averaging 52 mpg, 90% rural driving so very happy with it. On the rare long distance runs I've done it has managed up to 68mpg.

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Fingers crossed mine should be at the garage by Monday

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk