Loving the 184!

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
I keep thinking there should be something that shows it is a 184, compared to a 150 .... just something that makes it stand out

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
I keep thinking there should be something that shows it is a 184, compared to a 150 .... just something that makes it stand out

I completely agree and it is one of my only gripes with the Leon, they should have a badge under the FR badge to specify the engine/power.

Someone asked me if it had the 1.4 ACT yesterday at a petrol station and i wasnt best pleased

Last edited:

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland

I like the understated approach ... and then the looks of amazement when you floor it. Surprised a Jag XK driver the other day, and when he caught up he slowed right down to see just what it was I was driving. Hilarious. Nobody expects an estate car to be quick and have great handling :funk::whistle:

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
I like the understated approach ... and then the looks of amazement when you floor it. Surprised a Jag XK driver the other day, and when he caught up he slowed right down to see just what it was I was driving. Hilarious. Nobody expects an estate car to be quick and have great handling :funk::whistle:
Same happened with me with an old C CLass AMG, went flying past him on a dual carriageway and you could see him instantly race towards me to have a sniff, could see him eyeing me up at the next junction taking the Leon as a serious challenger haha

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
ACC is heaps of fun when it decides to keep tracking the vehicle that was in front of you but has moved out of your lane and begun slowing down - and slows you car too even though your lane is now clear. it's a fun game .. avoiding being rear-ended :)

It should not do that on a relatively straight road although it could do so on a bend. If its doing it on a relatively straight road I would get it checked because I have never known ACC to have a monitoring area so wide that it think traffic in parallel lanes is in front of the car.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Point them in the direction of your rear calipers.

150 calipers are above the axle - 184 calipers are in line with the axle

took me a while to spot the different mountings.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Agreed - absolutely amazing grip. The tricky diff is just fantastic. Was really hammering along last night on the twisty stuff, and was getting much more confident the more twists and turns I encountered. Of course, the Bridgestones play their part too!

I didn't think the Bridgestones were that great. Replaced them with Michelin pilot supersport and the difference is amazing . The 184 only has xds which is different from the vaq diff that is in the cupra. Xds uses the brakes to control the power which is really just a fancier form of traction control.

Last edited:

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
OK, wouldn't expect it to require the diff that the Cupra runs, but the XDS still works really well.

And I usually go with Dunlop or Michelin, this is my first set of Bridgestones in quite a while. While I like the grip, I don't like the road noise that emanates from them. That's my only gripe with the car, which isn't the car's fault!

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
As a company car, don't really get a choice, but they did fit Continental contisportcontact 5's, which seems pretty good

Didn't realise on the calipers, although I was also hoping for something less 'anorak' ... ah well .. just have to floor it and see what can keep up lol

Have also noticed recently, that my MPG has been increasing. When first got the car, my usual work journey (120 mile round trip), was getting somewhere around 51-52 MPG ... this has not gone up to around 56MPG, and actually one day I even got 61MPG. The engine must be losening up, now that I have done 16k in 8 months :)

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
As a company car, don't really get a choice, but they did fit Continental contisportcontact 5's, which seems pretty good

Didn't realise on the calipers, although I was also hoping for something less 'anorak' ... ah well .. just have to floor it and see what can keep up lol

Have also noticed recently, that my MPG has been increasing. When first got the car, my usual work journey (120 mile round trip), was getting somewhere around 51-52 MPG ... this has not gone up to around 56MPG, and actually one day I even got 61MPG. The engine must be losening up, now that I have done 16k in 8 months :)

Mine has been sat around the 30s in my first 450 mile this week. Hope it starts rising soon haha

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
30's .. ouch mate .. you must really have a heavy foot lol

I tend to sleep in on a morning so find myself having to make a 25 minute journey in 15 minutes. Sport mode is definitely in full use for me on a morning haha

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
Driving in this morning, usual commute, did nothing different, and averaged 53 mpg on a 45 kilometer journey. Nice to have a sports car that isn't as thirsty as my last lot :D

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Driving in this morning, usual commute, did nothing different, and averaged 53 mpg on a 45 kilometer journey. Nice to have a sports car that isn't as thirsty as my last lot :D

Good to heat, i haven't done 200 miles yet and can scrape 50mpg (DSG)

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Aye, short routes same for me ... a bit of flooring it. On a motorway 70 mile trip, stuck on cruis control around 72-74mph, avering 55-56. Like someone else said, love can have a car that will go like the clappers, but also not rip my wallet apart

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.