Lumpy Tickover+ Power loss

gumpclipper

I got a 1.6 02 reg leon:redface: so you probably know that any power loss is critical, but i just started it and its got loads of vibration (like an engine mount going) but has lost power and the emissions light has come on, i put £10 in last night cos it was nearly empty, ive done 15 miles since, i rang a mate whos a mechanic and he said it could be dodgy petrol, so i filled it up to the top at a different station, seems a bit better, has anybody experienced this or know anything about it, any advice greatfully recieved, thanks guys

DodgyDave

May 15, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Coilpack .... not sure if the 1.6 have 'em or not (dont have a 1.6 myself), but they are common as muck to fail and cause the car to run on three cylinders rather than the normal four (it will also sound like a scooby).

Even if it's not a coilpack i'd go for something with the sparkplug or HT leads.

Could also just be some crud in the system if it was "almost empty" ...... drawing up any crud from the botom of the petrol tank :)

Dave

gumpclipper

Yes mate you are correct, my mate just shown me how to check, going to to all four on sat, thanks for the help. mark

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members