m0rk's 2003 Leon Cupra 1.8T DX03 OMT

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
OK, so we've had it for about four months now & no RR thread so far ;)

Introducing our seventh SEAT, and joining the fleet with the Clio & MX5

But basically it's an EU import RHD Leon Cupra 1.8T with a few bits that you don't get as options on the UK cars

• Heated Leather Electric Seats
  • Headlamp washers
  • Auto Wipers
  • Folding Mirrors
  • Electric Sunroof

Anyway, it's very nice standard except for a Fabia wiper at the rear, Aero wipers on the front, stubby aerial & a Forge 007P

It will need remapping soon, as it's a bit slow. I'm pretty sure it needs a new MAF, and the exhaust is a bit squiffy, so that can go in the bin soon for something quiet.

Typical SEAT traits include over sprung & under damped suspension, so they they will be meeting the skip in the new year - probably for some FSD's & Eibach Springs.

Needs a new thermostat too - the temperature gauge fluctuates a bit but nothing radical - hopefully this will improve the MPG a little.

Plans also include Cruise control, since we're going on a pan european road trip next year it will make it a lot easier to do the miles

Anyway, my one & only picture of it taken last weekend (I was actually taking pics of the rain) - I'll get it clean and some decent shots soon

main.php

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just gonna say i thought you'd had that a while :)

is that a sunroof in it too ???

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
FINALLY!!

LOL

I take it this car will be a road car and never a track car, with all that extra bits it must be over 1,400kgs

Looks great thoug

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
FINALLY!!

LOL

I take it this car will be a road car and never a track car, with all that extra bits it must be over 1,400kgs

Looks great thoug

Yup, sensible road car, no need to make it fun (the Mazda will be more), no need to make it fast round a track (the Clio will be more)

Plus I'm getting older & want something I can drive for a few hundred miles on a go

Just been out and washed it properly, so if the sky blues up a bit I might head out to my favourite photo spot later.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Bout time there was a thread for this car Mark ;)

Looks good in the flesh too - VERY similar to my old Leon, but you got the full works with the import version - I didn't get the sunroof or headlamp washers :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.