m0rk's 2003 Leon Cupra 1.8T DX03 OMT

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
We were on the lookout for a Cupra4 2.8, but none turned up (most have been re-exported to Europe)

Heated seats are a god send at this time of year, but the 5.5L washer tank manages a week at best with the headlamp washers!

Jobs for xmas are a service (thanks to Sere Motors), followed by Cruise Control installation, a new MAF & MOT preparation ready for March

Modifications will be a remap as soon as I can get some time to get it done.. but keeping it very sensible daily

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah, Cruise install is easy on the Leon. About 90 mins work (mostly because of the out of car work)

Mk4 Ibiza is a lot more hassle because you have some convoluted wiring round the back of the centre console.

Well worth doing though, I really miss it!

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Just found this thread Mark, looks great! You've got some good plans. Is cruise easy to do on this model? Something I would like on mine. :think:

mark could fit a cruise control to a vag with his eyes closed lol

nice clean car mate !
as for the seats, they would look nice in mine if you want to sell them give me PM lol

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
:)

Anyway, it failed the MOT today on CV boot, and brake flexi - so JKM are having it back next week to complete.

Had a few advisories which I'll do in the next couple of weeks when I service it - then it's small preparations ahead of our European road trip at the beginning of April.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nurburg, Berchtesgaden, Stelvio, Malcesine, Switzerland & places inbetween, over 2.5 weeks

Car is great, it's not a quick one yet, but will be soon - just not had the chance to sort it since we bought it really

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Still it looks good to me tho ! !
I still think the seats would look better in my car tho lol
I know what i could ask you, how well do the heat washers work ?
Do you think it's an easy job to fit or not really worth the bother ?

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Hi Mark, nice looking Leon and certainly a little different from the others with the roof etc.
What did you mean earlier with reference to cruise control when you said " out of the car work " ?
I've been contemplating this with mine for a while.
You will love Europe, I've done a few myself and its so much better than the rubbbish we have to put up with over here.

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Hi Mark, nice looking Leon and certainly a little different from the others with the roof etc.
What did you mean earlier with reference to cruise control when you said " out of the car work " ?
I've been contemplating this with mine for a while.
You will love Europe, I've done a few myself and its so much better than the rubbbish we have to put up with over here.

you will have to take off the wiper arm scuttle panel to gain access to relays that you will have to wire in to, well push the wires in lol i found the fitting of the stalk the easiest part but without mark i don't i think i could of wired it in. he was a real asset to the job.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Thanks for that Andy, mines a fr+ tdi will it be the same for that ?

yeah - diesels are a doddle.

Did a big loop of europe 2/3yrs ago with mrcoyote, but my wife wants to do one with me this time - so it's all good.

Just needs some boost, I'm bored with cog swapping to make progress in a Leon!

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Thanks for that Andy, mines a fr+ tdi will it be the same for that ?

mines a pd150 fr+ as well. i was lucky enough that i didn't need vag.com tho.
well i wont go through it all now, coz there is a thread all about it. you will need the stalk and fitting kit/wire. i got mine for £55 from dealer.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sorry! missed that bit. You can't have the seats :) that's what sold it to my wife

Washers worked all OK all the way through the cold spells - but it's not really been all that cold at home when I've been here to comment. I bet it'd be easy though - just wire into the same loom as the mirrors.

Headlamp washers are amazing, but I don't think they're retrofit to a PD150.

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
here's the question ! with your wealth of knowledge. Would you help me fit some to my leon ? is it hard ? coz as you know i would of never done the cruise control without you.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sure, won't be that hard.

I'll have a nosey under the bonnet over the weekend - but it's going to be nothing more than wires, and a fuse.

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Sure, won't be that hard.

I'll have a nosey under the bonnet over the weekend - but it's going to be nothing more than wires, and a fuse.

Fantstic ! ! I'll have to look at what parts i'll needed.
That search thing is crap on here. If you know of what i'll need would be grate.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.