Maintenance schedules

Harvard4

Jun 10, 2021
Is this the correct area to introduce myself..? I cannot see an obvious area anywhere else.... Regardless, I am a new member but very senior in years. My car __ SEAT LEON TSI 1.2 SE 110 Dynamic Tech Mk3 5door petrol 2016. Mileage 14,350. What drew me to this car was.... .£30 road tax, plus very low mileage.... All members queries & problems are always interesting. My present query is.. can anyone understand the somewhat confusing mtce schedules in the official booklet.?. at present I have a dashboard warning " Oil Service & Inspection". this comes exactly one year and only 1000 miles later than a similar warning. Surely , with a Longlife Service programmed, Oil should last much much longer than 1 year/1000miles. Anyway, just what constitutes an "Inspection",... not explained anywhere..

Harvard4

Jun 10, 2021
Many thanks for answer to Dash message " Oil service & Inspection ". Hmmm... Changing oil @ 1000 miles (in my case) since last similar message with oil change, is totally uneconomic if continued. I've never experienced such a rapid oil change cycle before, maybe I'll ignore. that part. As for " Inspection", that seems so vague, and open to interpretation by SEAT servicing. Nevertheless, I am very happy with my SEAT LEON TSI 2016 (in Moonstone Silver).

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Many thanks for answer to Dash message " Oil service & Inspection ". Hmmm... Changing oil @ 1000 miles (in my case) since last similar message with oil change, is totally uneconomic if continued. I've never experienced such a rapid oil change cycle before, maybe I'll ignore. that part. As for " Inspection", that seems so vague, and open to interpretation by SEAT servicing. Nevertheless, I am very happy with my SEAT LEON TSI 2016 (in Moonstone Silver).
I think the warning will be based on the calendar and not the mileage, it's usually whatever comes first. Worth checking with a dealer if you're unsure, but as it's not under warranty anymore would be your choice to ignore it. Had it been within warranty I suspect not having it done would have voided it. I'm not a mechanic so I agree to change the oil after only 1000 miles driven sounds bonkers.

Cheers,

Scott

Harvard4

Jun 10, 2021
I think the warning will be based on the calendar and not the mileage, it's usually whatever comes first. Worth checking with a dealer if you're unsure, but as it's not under warranty anymore would be your choice to ignore it. Had it been within warranty I suspect not having it done would have voided it. I'm not a mechanic so I agree to change the oil after only 1000 miles driven sounds bonkers.

Cheers,

Scott

Harvard4

Jun 10, 2021
Thankyou again, Scott. I wont bore anymore except to say.. that on Page 7 of Mtce Program booklet. under Longlife service heading is stated "Oil Cnange Service... " This is performed according to service interval display.... at the latest after 2 years or every 30,000 km whichever comes first ".
a trifle confusing,, so I think i will ignore the dash message. thanks again.. will attempt to post car photo later whenIi cotton on just how to do it.. !!

Reactions: Syphon

cupraatecastu

Jun 29, 2020
Is this the correct area to introduce myself..? I cannot see an obvious area anywhere else.... Regardless, I am a new member but very senior in years. My car __ SEAT LEON TSI 1.2 SE 110 Dynamic Tech Mk3 5door petrol 2016. Mileage 14,350. What drew me to this car was.... .
£30 road tax, plus very low mileage.... All members queries & problems are always interesting. My present query is.. can anyone understand the somewhat confusing mtce schedules in the official booklet.?. at present I have a dashboard warning " Oil Service & Inspection". this comes exactly one year and only 1000 miles later than a similar warning. Surely , with a Longlife Service programmed, Oil should last much much longer than 1 year/1000miles. Anyway, just what constitutes an "Inspection",... not explained anywhere..

“Inspection” refers to the MOT I guess

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
“Inspection” refers to the MOT I guess
Normally oil service is just that...oil and filter change whereas the inspection includes checking vehicle components for wear/leaks/operation etc. according to the service schedule check sheet dependent upon age/mileage.

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
UK
Hi,

Normal servicing 10k or a year.
Longlife Servicing up to 19k or 2 years.

Longlife they use diff higher spec oil and it lasts longer but you should be doing min 30 mile a day and some motorway not town work.

On mine and I have run on both schedules on diff cars over the years when the oil service come up the Inspection is never far behind so when serviced goes in for both oil and inspection (and they doing whatever needed) and both reset as they service according to mileage and carry out what filter changes based on mileage and schedule.

I have also heard all cars come out of factory on longlife but can be change to short but once on short should not go back.

useful info -

Longlife

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021
Basingstoke
Ok it’s quite simple Whalen you get your head around it but here goes .
Car comes from the factory on variable/flexible service regime this allows Around 18k miles to oil change or approx 2 yrs , inspection would be 2 yrs from new , Then after 1st service oil service will be reset but inspection service now reverts to yearly , so it ends up one year oil service next year oil/inspection service unless your doing 18000 miles a year when you would need a oil/inspection every year .
Next is fixed ( changed by dealer at new pdi) at customer request or if a service plan was purchased , these are oil/inspection services every 9600 miles or once a year irrelevant of miles covered .

Reactions: Eskilation

Deleted member 131219

I've just acquired a 7-month old Cupra Formentor. I'm well versed in the idea of fixed/variable service intervals, and I know the difference between a oil-change service and an inspection service. But this car comes with no information at all about what needs doing and when; for example, what are the time/mileage intervals for changing the air filter, the brake fluid, the spark plugs, renewing DSG tranmission fluid, cambelt? The supplying dealer was of no help, and I can't find the information anywhere online.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.