Make the 12v live permanently?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Depends on what you are trying do, can you use a different fuse that is permanently live?

Dec 18, 2019
I'm not sure where I'd begin tbh haha, I think maybe leave it or get someone to fit a kit to make it live as I don't wanna mess with fuses. On the mk3 thread it sounded easy but seeing how different the diagram is, I'm not sure what should move/replace. I've found the one for the 12v and removing it makes it so it doesn't work at all, unsure how I would make that to then go perminantly live.

Dec 18, 2019
Could you take an image of your dush fuse box?

I thought it would of been an option in the on board computer incase you needed a phone charge when broken down for example but nothing there!

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
IMG_20181224_112351 (2).png

Reactions: Swe223
Dec 18, 2019
Legend, will check mine to see what's the difference later if any and test a few bits out. Thanks or that pal!

Dec 18, 2019
No differences at all except ones referencing Engine D2L - 4 speed TFSI. Really frustrating haha

jackbarraclough5196

May 23, 2019
Lancashire
Did you find a solution?

What are you trying to find? A permanent live feed? If so on the back of the light switch there’s a red wire. If for some reason you can’t get to it unscrew the fuse box and use your multimeter to find a live from the back of there, should be plenty of options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members