Media system is terrible!

Aug 17, 2020
Bought the misses a Ibiza FR (2014) we love the car but really struggling to get the AUX/Bluetooth to work properly.

The Bluetooth is absolutely terrible, we got a new Garmin portable satnav so we know the part can't be the issue but it's so intermittent it will stop/start constantly and sometimes will work normally and sometimes not even play at all! it's hard to pin point an issue when it's like this, has anyone else struggled with the Bluetooth on these?

Next thing is the AUX, the damn thing just doesn't work, i can spin the wire to get some very quiet noise and crackles but nothing better than that, what is my next option to get this sorted, is it worth getting a new HU?

csh

May 5, 2018
United Kingdom
I have an i-tech which has the same Garmin system and I've given up on it.. have factory reset it twice to get audio working again, then it stops working the next day!
I've just got an anker soundsync which plugs into my aux.

On the subjext of the aux, see if there is anything blocking the aux port, maybe you can try using a little wooden toothpick to pull any fluff or dust out?

Aug 17, 2020
I have an i-tech which has the same Garmin system and I've given up on it.. have factory reset it twice to get audio working again, then it stops working the next day!
I've just got an anker soundsync which plugs into my aux.

On the subjext of the aux, see if there is anything blocking the aux port, maybe you can try using a little wooden toothpick to pull any fluff or dust out?

Yeah just seems like a real waste of a product but i'm going to buy that bluetooth adapter thing once i get the aux port working correctly

Oct 2, 2020
We had this with our garmin In the I-tech. We switched off “live updates” and also had just 1 phone paired with the garmin. It seemed when we had paired 2 ... when both got in the car together the music wouldn’t stream very well at all over Bluetooth from the selected phone. It was very choppy. So I unpaired my phone and just the misses has hers paired now and it’s fine.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Yeah just seems like a real waste of a product but i'm going to buy that bluetooth adapter thing once i get the aux port working correctly

I recomend this one, it is really great, had one of those cheap before and it does not compare to this, this has the same quality as by wire.

the aux port is known to have problems you need to replace it or get it to some elctrician that will very likely be able to fix it by soldering it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.