MIB2/MHI2 Harman High - MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_MU1447 - AIO FW update & ifs-root Patch (ASI, CarPlay, Android Auto, Map Update)

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020

MIB2/MHI2 Harman High - MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_MU1447 - AIO FW update & ifs-root Patch (ASI, CarPlay, Android Auto, Map Update)​

MHI2 navigation units are easy to patch since a while.

This thread is for all MIB2 Harman based units within MHI2 train!
How can I identify MHI2 train?

Below a list of more recent MHI2 FW versions - these are also supported for patching by M.I.B:
FW trainMU
MHI2_ER_SEG11_P45171219
MHI2_ER_SEG11_K45221376
MHI2_ER_SEG11_P47051338
MHI2_ER_SEG11_P47081409
MHI2_ER_SEG11_P47091447

AIO update can be applied to any SEG11 version.

Update FW & Patch​

Easiest way to update a MHI2_ER_SEG11 based units is to apply the All-In-One - AIO custom FW Update.

This FW update can be handled like any other FW update, but brings many features with it:
- Patched IFS-Root (FEC & CP patch) will be used during the installation.
- FecContainer will be adjusted with missing FECs during the installation including code for latest maps (073000EE).
- addFecs.txt in /common/tools/ can be adjusted as needed. Change add FECS with e.g. notepad.
- Skin 4 (Carbon) will be configured during install to avoid boot up issues.
- Screening 1 will be configured during install to avoid boot up issues.
- CarPlay and AndroidAuto will be enabled during the installation.
- Developer Mode with GEM (hidden Green Engineering Menu) will be enabled during the installation. No need for OBDeleven, VCDS, VCP.
- M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash will be installed.
- RadioStationDB 01.20.40 - NEW
- GraceNote EU V21 - RW V13

Download & Install​

Latest Version is: MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_AIO_MU1447_20230318
1679300066693.png

Download here - guest:guest
Fix download speed

Howto install MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_MU1447_1_AIO?
- not SEAT, but process in general is very similar ;)

Gracenote2 - Gracenote2_AIO_payload.7z - has to be added to SD card manually:

Patch with M.I.B​

It is also possible to patch many MHI2_ER_SEG11 units by using M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash

The AIO already has the basic patch and FEC building functions included.
M.I.B can be used to patch other FW versions, but also has many additional functions included, which can not be used with just the AIO - e.g.:
Download latest M.I.B here

Other MIB2 - MST2 Technisat/Preh​

There are other MIB2 hardware versions available as well, which need different solutions for patching.
See existing thread here:

Map update​

MHI2 and also MST2 maps can be updated.
More details can be found here:

Attachments

• 1655937196080.png
    1655937196080.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,065
Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
& login was guest, guest ....

Gracenotes is a fun one since its always been a bit unclear to me as to how that one normally gets updated. Reckon it's part of the firmware update so if you don't get that updated then you don't get the built in album covers updated although you can construct them yourself.

https://www.gracenote.com/auto/music-recognition-auto/

Constructing them yourself is easy enough. 512x512 jpeg called cover slapped in the album file called cover.jpg. Pick those off via Google image search of album covers or if you can't find any re-scale.

Seem to be a design fault that Gracenotes in mib2 didn't have an update outside of the firmware. I can see the radio database graphics will be a benefit where it's not transmitted over the air and you got new materiel.

So both plus benefits of the software update.

The general thread for mib2 standard and high firmware is here for completeness:

Reactions: MIB-Wiki

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
@Tell
I'm looking for additional feedback.
Of course, it is already tested, but I would like to get more user experience.

There will be a new MU1447 AIO on server very soon - MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_MU1447_1_AIO_20220627_beta.7z.
The big change is, that this version can be installed with minimal user input:
1. create SD as always
2. place SD in unit
4. after a moment update starts without further user input

Manual install as before is of course also still possible. Remove Swdlautorun.txt from root of SD before plugging SD into unit.

@All
Everyone is of course welcome to test this and report back :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
between 20220622 and 20220627_beta is different only autoinstallation script, or are there any changes of versions of components (gem, gracenote etc)?

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
i am not so xperienced to test auto install in order to not stuck in bootloop or something like this, but I updated from MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_MU1447_1_AIO_Build_19032022 to build 20220622 (RCC, RadioDb, Gracenote2) but I am missing logos of Radio stations what is against logic, because newest Gracenote2 should have additional stuff instead of old one. WHat is wrong?
Should I do factory reset , because holding power onoff button for xy seconds doesnt helped. thx

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
Well, I have not compared new and old RadioStationDB.
Assumption is so far, that newer is better.

Maybe Slovakia was better in old RSDB?
You could open DB with SQL viewer and check.
For DE I have not heard such complains so far for the new RSDB.

Gracenote is for album covers.

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
regarding db, is it possible to open flash image and extract it somehow or should i connect to main unit via ssh and find for it ?
but i am unable to do Factory Reset... i power on ignition key, go to Reset all settings, on the top of screen notification appears: "All settings are resetting now " (free translation to eng.) but waiting circle is moving but after xy minutes nothing hapened

Tell

Staff member
Well, I have not compared new and old RadioStationDB.
Assumption is so far, that newer is better.

Maybe Slovakia was better in old RSDB?
You could open DB with SQL viewer and check.
For DE I have not heard such complains so far for the new RSDB.

Gracenote is for album covers.
Have to brush up on my SQL skills 😂. I see the station logos in SQLite Expert Personal table Station logos, stl.1vw database. Been a time since I've done SQL table joins 😉. Intrigued as to any UK differences.

Always the manual method @mykro for filling in the odd missing one:

But since you are on ssh I guess you can sort this out yourself.

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
@mykro

the RSDB file is the stl.1vw file
1656794728505.png

Just get those from update files and compare

Tell

Staff member
@mykro

the RSDB file is the stl.1vw file
View attachment 32664
Just get those from update files and compare

You need a table join thou... if not more than one and an open join for the comparison between the previous release and this. E.g.. some relational database skills to investigate what joins and what doesn't.

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
i will not dig into this topic because radio stations logos can be added also via menu from sd/usb. but fór me works when i deleted installed stations and manualy add them into their positions and logo of many of them appears

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
FM... but instead of such additional scripts which helps with flashing I would prefer any patches or plugin which can change behavior of SW for example, to have possibility to turn on picture from rear camera while driving, or do the recording to SD from rear camera and such tweaks, but if enthusiastics dont have source code, it is closed and precompiled system which dont allow such stuff...

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
In that case logos are coming from RSDB.
Maybe internal „links“ have changed with new RSDB.

Tell

Staff member
when i deleted installed stations and manualy add them into their positions and logo of many of them appears

VAG altered the way radio station logos get entered into the system. The early firmware they were preloaded, subsequently they introduced a tapping method on the screen which brings it up. On first tune in, it isn't there, touch and hold as I recall it appears. If it doesn't or it's the wrong one where the station has changed hands / relaunched that's where you use the method in the link above to manually bring it in from your upload of SD / USB that overwrites whatever is associated with the station whether over the air or in the database. How mib2 high 1338 works and mib2 standard.

Leaves me to think that the tapping method gets the logo from the logo database rather than over the air... I thought it got it over the air perhaps a combination, over to @MIB-Wiki

I'll have a look to see what's in the Gracenotes 4gb database later. That's the one it uses to bring up the strange ones at times you see if you forgot to put up the cover.jpg circa 512×512 album image in the album directory. I guess it's more for the mp3 mixed track people where it matches the track to the album rather than us album people that like to play albums 😂. The cover art we do ourselves for live concert recordings like Glastonbury etc... keep the home music server files aligned with the car ones.

Oh well the Gracenotes database didn't let me have a look inside. Didn't appear to be SQL.

Radio one key tables:

The graphics one with the stations logo table (blob graphic being the last field):
Station Logos Table.jpg

Example blob:
Station Blob.jpg

Uses logoId to index into it from this one the Stations table:
Stations Table.jpg

You would compare the station table between releases assuming all other fields were correct.

Reactions: mykro

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
Latest Version is: MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_AIO_MU1447_20230318
Fix download speed

Howto install MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_MU1447_1_AIO?

Gracenote2 has to be added to SD card manually:

Reactions: mykro and Tell

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
thanks, but where can i find changelog ? how it differs from previous build...

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
Changes are mainly „under the hood“
Updated scripts and logging.

Latest RSDB is included now.

mrspazzaneve

Apr 11, 2023
Hello everyone and sorry for the question, but I'm a neophyte and my English is not the best...

I've a unit whit Train Version MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4708_1 and MU Version 1409. Can i install directly the MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_AIO_MU1447_20230318 and the system will be updated to this version with the addition of the new functions? Am I right?

I have FECs already active (carplay, android auto etc) these will remain and only the missing ones will be added, correct?

could i use a microsd with its adapter or am i forced to use a standard size sd?

Thanks in advance for your replies and patience :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members