mick-fr's Deep Black Renaultsport Megane F1 R26

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Lovely lookin cars they are I looked at them last year

One thing is to look after the key try not to drop it or bang it round we have a fleet of the meganes and they suffer with the keys loosing its memory and the car not starting

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Lovely lookin cars they are I looked at them last year

One thing is to look after the key try not to drop it or bang it round we have a fleet of the meganes and they suffer with the keys loosing its memory and the car not starting

Yeah they are.. Quite a bit of road presence about them too I think.

Oh I didn't know that.. I'll keep that in mind mate, thanks :)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Quick one from today in Dundee..

2011-10-22144313.jpg

The car is manky now... But I can confirm it does like the twisties :p

J20ROBO

Feb 23, 2011
Ayrshire
Haha.. cheers mate :p Big difference the the Ibiza eh? lol.

You at the meet on the 6th? I'm bringing my Vagcom if I'm going so could sort you out then?

Am a secret French man love the stuff lol.. Am at knockhill on that Sunday so depends what time a get back! Dont need it no mores mate, ave got it at my work haha.. Cheers anyways

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Looks very, very nice Mick! That interior is gorgeous too. Think you were spot on getting a petrol if you're doing such low mileage. Surely 15 miles a day in the FR TDI is only... 1 fill up a month? :lol:

Always thought these look good. I've heard stories of poor reliability where Renault are concerned but here's hoping with a loving and careful owner like yourself then they'll be no problems with this one :D

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
Very Nice, I just can't bring myself to buy a french car again.
Saying that, I'm now driving a Jaguar XJ and the last British car I owned was the most unreliable.
Still got the MK5 Beeza FR TDI and the bike but bike weather's nearly over though :cry:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Am a secret French man love the stuff lol.. Am at knockhill on that Sunday so depends what time a get back! Dont need it no mores mate, ave got it at my work haha.. Cheers anyways

Lol :p You had a french car before then? No worries mate, hopefully you'll be there and I'll let you see the Meg in the flesh :p

Looks very, very nice Mick! That interior is gorgeous too. Think you were spot on getting a petrol if you're doing such low mileage. Surely 15 miles a day in the FR TDI is only... 1 fill up a month? :lol:

Always thought these look good. I've heard stories of poor reliability where Renault are concerned but here's hoping with a loving and careful owner like yourself then they'll be no problems with this one

Thanks Chris :) Yeah I agree the interior is lovely, no rattles and the seats are really comfy and hug you pretty well! Yeah I was filling up roughly once every 3 weeks.. Not really worth keeping the diesel for that.

I done quite a bit of reading before I decided to buy it, and the majority of the common faults with these are little things like window regulators etc (Which Renault help fund the repair as they know its a common problem). Touch wood nothing major happens, but from what I've seen so far it's built to a very high standard - More so than my Ibiza I would say!

My mate has just bought an R26.R in bright blue, with the red wheels/cage etc etc. He previously had an identical R26 to yours and loved it, hence the .R

Brilliant choice, doubters see below ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUS3xmhz04c

Thanks mate :) Lucky man! The .R's are lovely.. bet they are 10x better to drive than my R26! Real driver's car :D

Very Nice, I just can't bring myself to buy a french car again.
Saying that, I'm now driving a Jaguar XJ and the last British car I owned was the most unreliable.
Still got the MK5 Beeza FR TDI and the bike but bike weather's nearly over though :cry:

Thanks :) I always thought French car's were crap, but this has surprised me, as I said above, from what I've seen so far it seems much better built than my Ibiza :)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Installed some 6k's tonight - Look so much better, more crisp :)

Whoever designed the layout to change a bulb should be shot though, f*&^ing b*tch of a job - Excuse my french :lol:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Installed some 6k's tonight - Look so much better, more crisp :)

Whoever designed the layout to change a bulb should be shot though, f*&^ing b*tch of a job - Excuse my french :lol:
Note to self: Anyone asking for help changing bulbs on a Megane... do one :lol:

Was chatting with a mate the other day, forgotten what the car in question was but to change a bulb on it required taking the relevant front wheel off, the arch liner and then get your hands in a 3"x3" gap to change the bulb!

Have to say, my bottom lip hit the floor!

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Note to self: Anyone asking for help changing bulbs on a Megane... do one :lol:

Was chatting with a mate the other day, forgotten what the car in question was but to change a bulb on it required taking the relevant front wheel off, the arch liner and then get your hands in a 3"x3" gap to change the bulb!

Have to say, my bottom lip hit the floor!

Yeah lol.. That's what I'd say :p

That's exactly what you have to do, minus the arch liner part, there's a small panel in the wheel arch that you remove. But who's great idea was it to make you take the wheel off, and fit your hand into a small 3"x3" gap to change a bulb :lol:
Can't even get in through the bay, there's less room in there than there was in my PD130 :happy: