Millers or shell

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi folks,Will i get the same effect if i use the shell super diesel as i would if i put millers in my tank,just a thought before i pay the £12 for millers:confused:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Funny you should mention this. I usually use standard diesel with Millers.

But past few tank fulls I decided to go with V-Power (as diesel price went up but V-power stayed same for some reason by me).

And although with V-Power it seems to be smoother, and runs much better when cold.

It just doesn't seem to be as rapid with the fuel delivery if that makes sense? Car doesn't seem as aggressive compared to when I've got standard fuel with Millers in.

But I dunno, only been through 2 tank fulls of V-power and half way through my 3rd now. Not sure how much V-Power has to go through for it to "work" properly.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Would be interesting to see the difference on the rollers between just v-power and normal diesel with millers added. Bet they give very similar results!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Millers + Vpower = no gains over just Vpower in my experience, or over std shell plus Millers (and Millers smells bad!!!)

I did a write up here if you can be bothered to read it....... its a bit lengthy!

This was done on my car running Revo but no other mods (std exhaust and filter).

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Millers + Vpower = no gains over just Vpower in my experience, or over std shell plus Millers (and Millers smells bad!!!)

I did a write up here if you can be bothered to read it....... its a bit lengthy!

This was done on my car running Revo but no other mods (std exhaust and filter).

Quite interesting read & test that mate!

I have noticed I get no smoke at all now with V-Power, but with standard diesel and Millers I do get a very very slight bit of smoke when booting it in 1st or 2nd gear.

i quite like that strong chemicle smell ;)

I too enjoy the smell :D ;)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I quite like the smell of Millers too which was quite fortunate when a few weeks ago a gallon carton fell off the shelf and leaked all over the garage floor. Not quite fifty quids worth luckily.

Could get whiffs of it in the house and Stinky was not best pleased. The smells gone now and now certain areas of the garage floor have increased cetane rating. :D

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
I think Shell say v power will do most of the things Millers will do so i think i will try a tank full and see what its like, maybe every four fill ups from then if its any good:shrug:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I used standard + millers and for nearly 2 years and it was only 1 or two bottles, a lot cheaper than using premium diesel, which didn't seem to do much premium.

Having said that, I know run an LCR so whatever you do seems nice and cheaper to me lol.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Just out of interest where is the cheapest place to get Millers?

I've always bought mine from Ebay for just under £10 for the 500ml bottle.

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
i think it is the case with same stuff different label.. although the bottle is slightly better design. :D
Does anyone here 'double dose' ? ...it says you can on the bottle. Anyone noticed any improvements with double dosing.. But yeah, std diesel and millers all the way :D

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
i think it is the case with same stuff different label.. although the bottle is slightly better design. :D
Does anyone here 'double dose' ? ...it says you can on the bottle. Anyone noticed any improvements with double dosing.. But yeah, std diesel and millers all the way :D

Yeah I've heard a lot of positive things about the new bottle design, old one was crap, always leaking everywhere! Have a lovely smelling boot though!

I tried 'double-dosing' but didn't notice much different to be honest. May have made difference in the long run i.e. cleaning out the engine a bit more? But performance/mpg wise it seemed the same.

But that is in a 110 tdi engine, may be different for the 130 or 150 pd engines? I dunno!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.