Milltek

Si_TDi_FR

Oct 6, 2009
Northallerton
I'm looking at getting a cat-back Milltek for my FR TDi.
Looking on their website they sell in Resonated and Non-Resonated.

Obviously with Non_resonated being louder but how much louder are they?
I will be getting a downpipe with cat replacement so its a full system, would this affect how loud the system would be?

If anyone has any videos or photos with the oval tailpipe i'd appreciate it.

Thanks Si

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I'm looking at getting a cat-back Milltek for my FR TDi.
Looking on their website they sell in Resonated and Non-Resonated.

Obviously with Non_resonated being louder but how much louder are they?
I will be getting a downpipe with cat replacement so its a full system, would this affect how loud the system would be?

If anyone has any videos or photos with the oval tailpipe i'd appreciate it.

Thanks Si

Hi Si,
As its a derv neither will be that loud.
Infact I think the miltek system is very expensive and in your case not needed.
Take it to a custom exhaust maker and get them to make you a larger turbo downpipe with NO cat and a pipe straight to the back, Silencers if you really want but I wouldnt bother with either.

It will sound beautiful and without the cat it will rev free'er also with custom exhaust maker free lifetime guarentee

Si_TDi_FR

Oct 6, 2009
Northallerton
Thanks for replying Chris.

Well i was only going off Milltek as that seems to be the most popular on this site.
Would you recommend staying with the 2.5" pipe Milltek uses and the CAT will be going as if it aint needed why bother having one lol

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
To be honest Miltek are the most recommended on this site and their build quality is quite good.
However I've found equal build quality from custom exhaust fabricators at a fraction of the price, Normally your looking at a saving of around £200 or more

If your a TDI, which I assume you are from your name :)
Your "Supposed" to have a Cat, However as Diesels dont have emissions tests run on them you'll pass regardless. The one thing I regret having on my car was a Cat, it revved so much free'er without one!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
get the decat and downpipe...you wont regret it.

i had the non-res cat-back for about 8 months and there is not much difference in volume what so ever...in fact if you didnt know you had it on you wouldnt really be able to tell...made a slight difference about 2.5-3k revs...

bought the matching milltek DP and decat pipe and it makes a huge difference...whistles all the time and its not loud untill you go above 2.5k-3k when it gives a lovely roar...check my thread for videos if you want?