Mk1 Leon Cupra Battery keeps going flat?

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Any ideas on this one guys?

Tonight at work, i go out to start the car and the battery is almost completely flat, the radio reset and needs the code re-entered (no lights etc were left on). I managed to somehow start it, i took it for a run and it seemed to charge the battery. When I came back out to the car again an hour later, battery is flat again.. Tried sitting there charging it for 20 mins, again come back out an hour later and its flat again.... :cry:

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Is this something the RAC can do?

I have them coming out for 5:30am... im guessing if it is the alternator that they can't repair this?

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Yea they will mate, all you really need is a voltmeter/multimeter

Its something worth learning to check and replace yourself, fairly easy job on most cars and will save you a fortune.

I doubt they will have one, but they could probably at least jump start you so you could get to the nearest garage for one?

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
thanks for the reply. im just hoping thats the problem and not something worse... hasnt been a problem until now.. it just seems to be draining the battery super quick..

will keep you updated when RAC have been

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
rac fitted a new battery (£99) he put his meter on it and the battery only had 10.2 volts.. straight away he said 'probably the battery' he checked for power drain and that was only 0.034 (volts?) so he said it wasnt the alternator or anything draining from inside the car..

fingers X'ed that's all it was.. the battery had never been changed (2002 car)

rac fitted a new battery (£99) he put his meter on it and the battery only had 10.2 volts.. straight away he said 'probably the battery' he checked for power drain and that was only 0.034 (volts?) so he said it wasnt the alternator or anything draining from inside the car..

fingers X'ed that's all it was.. the battery had never been changed (2002 car)

sounds like the battery was knackard then

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise