Mk1 Leon Cupra R Misfire Problem!! Please help

Sophiemcd97

Sep 8, 2020
Hey guys, really stuck as to what is going on with my Cupra R. Have recently put a hybrid turbo in the car after the seals went on my original, started it for the first time and it wouldn’t run right at all with the MAF plugged in, but was running fine without. Then she started going into limp mode and stuttering and backfiring really badly and also cutting out and trying to stall herself when parked. Changed the spark plugs and coil packs and cleaned out the MAF, made very slight improvement. Still getting a fault code for the MAF and still running awful on occasion. Sent it to the tuner To try and solve the problem and get the car remapped, smoke test and vacuum leaks sorted, however, it is still badly misfiring. He reprogrammed the ecu as he thought the remap on it could have been interfering with something but still badly misfiring. It is also requesting a certain amount of boost and it is not producing it. Have ordered a new MAF sensor as well. Anyone any ideas? Could the MAF be the cause of these problems or something more sinister? Completely baffled. Thank you in advance for any help!

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Sounds like your MAF is gone, if i unplug mine and rev it back fires and sputters like crazy.

also your LCR looks sick, i love those 3dsm wheels on leons/

Sophiemcd97

Sep 8, 2020
New maf was fitted and didn’t make any difference :( mine wouldn’t run right at all spluttering like mad with the maf plugged in and was doing the same as yours with the maf unplugged

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.