Oct 15, 2006
crawley
maybenewgolf.jpg

maybenewgolf2.jpg

0320_1.jpg

fec5_0.jpg

05a2_0.jpg

this is my new project :funk:

im planning to strip the car to the shell and replace all disscoloured broken moldings and window seals ect get all the wheels refurbed, new tyres sort out all the paintwork smooth the rear wiper and badge also have a mental clean inside shampoo the seats and take the floor carpet out and shampoo it, g60 arches big bumpers (front and rear)colour coded mouldings, remove the full beam lamps and debadge grill slamm it on the floor cyristal clear cross hair front lamps, clear indicators side repeaters

then maybe engine convertion not sure
or
clean engine up to the max and tuck away in the garage or maybe a second car run around :shrug:

has loads of spares with it aswell so might get back some more money too of the main price :D

what do you think?

Last edited:

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Awesome choice of project mate, mk2's can look so sweet, hardly have to do anything to em to make em look really nice! Single light conversion would look nice, get the door handles off it, or mayb sum audi 1's?? Would look awesome slammed on the deck with deep dish 15's, proper euro style! Then mayb a 1.8T motor, or vr6 lump lol!! :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
£500 for a

1988 vw golf mk2 gti 16v
3door
coilovers
powerflow fullsystem exhaust
all new brakes and brake lines

also thrown in

show plates
big front bumper -non painted
big rear bumper - non painted
scorpion full system exhaust

i really think this is an amazing bargain!

cant wait toget my hands on it first thing is to get the bumpers on and painted and lower her to the MAX! loads of pictures and before after pics to come ;) this does mean the seat will have no more mods :(

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you are stripping the shell why not go for a smooth look ?

saves a fortune on new parts and mouldings and looks more updated too

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i will be :) will have the holes smoothed over from the mouldings but i ment new mouldings as in window scraper mouldings. makes a huge diffrence renewing window seals window mouldings ect gives it a really clean mint look

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
should be able to get cheap genuine parts from work :D

going to buy g60 arches 1/4 glass seals n/s @ o/s tailgate window seal, drivers and passenger window scraper mouldings and tailgate black out vinal for now all the door mouldings ect will be plastic dyed back to black till i get it stripped for respray :D

also will be smoothing off rear wiper arm and n/s wiper arm on the front also aerial will be smothed fins in the front wings smooth the bonnet

just see how it goes i spose :shrug:

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
looks good rash

a few of my mates have the mk2 golf gti's really do like them............prefer the mk1 gti's though.

one of my mates has put a g60 engine in his golf, should be getting it back in a week hopefully!! not 100% sure what he has had done but have been told it shud be quick!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
these 16v gti engines are RAPID for a n/a engine and age i do like the mk1's but i think they need alot more work/money to look goodn so went my my favorite shape in the end :D

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Nice them mate, will suit it, quite subtle not ott, will the rears fit? Or u just puttin fronts in?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
just fronts and retrim the rears to suit! i got prices today at work to replace the folowing :)

g60 arches
windscreen seal
tailgate window seal
1/4 glass seals n/s & o/s
door handle n/s & o/s
door mouldings n/s & o/s
1/4 pannel mouldings n/s & o/s

came to approx £550
but will give me the MINT look i havent even picked the car up yet and im spending tonnes!!!! :doh:

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
seats look good mate, £550, thats not too bad considering it will make the car look almost new! :lol:

How do you afford it all mate, does ur social like suffer??? :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
my social life is suffering at the mo butim bored of the same old pub every day and i got bored of the gym so nowim working on cars :D wil get the golf looking acceptable then il start getting leggless every day again :D

bought some sound proofmatting and instilation to pack in the doors, floor, boot floor, tailgate, bulkhead, rear pannel ect ect to make it a confortable warm non rattly ride :D

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Lol, iv used dynamat b4, makes a big difference to quietness of interior, gonna start attacking some of the interior rattles in mine before I go to the ring, a couple of em are driving me mad!! Parcel shelf especially!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.