Mk2 Ibiza GTI 8v Daily Driver/Restoration Project - Scrapped.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
With the Cordoba being too impractical for daily use and the Mk3 Golf, despite serving me very well was needing a whole load cash/time put into it to get it to last another year was in need of replacement.

Been toying with the idea of getting another Mk2 Ibiza for a while and for those who remember my old 1.4 Ibiza, I considered buying it back from a friend who I sold it to after he crashed it in a road accident. That did'nt come about as it was far too damaged, but was still after another Mk2:)

DSC_0258.jpg

So when m0rk was getting rid of his GTi I didn't hang about:)

Ive had it the best part of 6 weeks now but not done anything with it until recently as it was technically not road worthy and with the Golf now gone its time I pulled me finger out!

DSC_0260.jpg

Not a big fan of mk3 cupra rims so I struck a straight swap with Chrisdaman for some 16v ronals, nabbed the 280mm brakes from the Golf hours before I sold it:D. Fitted another ABS pump as the original is suspected fualty.
Also got a whole load of spares that came with the car such as rod ends, top mounts and replacement shocks

As with the rest of the car, my main aim is to get the bodywork back in shape - mainly the roof, back floor and the usual tinworm = full respray. Thats about it other than a few refinements (spacers, 16v spoiler) when time and funds permit, not going to go 'mad' like I did with the Cordoba:whistle:.

Last edited:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Pump which was 2nd hand came with the car, pretty easy to change, just got to bleed the brakes at some stage tommorow.

Also its got to go for a VIC before I'm issued with a log book.

Last edited by a moderator:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Because it was involved in an insurance claim where damage was caused and they basically need to check its Identy and that the damage and or repair is roadworthy

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
very good point.........i cant help but work my ass off just to buy things! lol....in the last week i bought samco hoses and a b&m shorshifter and endless amounts of bits from stealers!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Know that feeling:)

Priority is to get the mechanicals sorted, make it 'legit' and then the bodywork.

Just got to work out away of getting it blown over on the cheap:think:

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
if you work out a way let me know, im in need of this knowledge to... all ive been told is its the prep work that costs money and not the spraying..maybe i shall take up panel beating

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Because it was involved in an insurance claim where damage was caused and they basically need to check its Identy and that the damage and or repair is roadworthy

ahh right cool [B)] was wondering if it was 'off road' for 12months or similar and they had started the new legislation

Cheers It'll still remain the same colour I'd expect or go for Tornado red #edit# perhaps even copper

put copper over the top - go for a toffee apple flavour :) i once looked to see if i could find red tinted lacquer but still can't be arsed to sort my panels out - but i have after 4 years bought a new wing so you never know :p

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Can you t-cut a black primered bonnet to look red?:p

Its been repainted before and it isnt that great so it may aswell be completly repainted otherwise it may look odd.