Mk2 Ibiza GTI 8v Daily Driver/Restoration Project - Scrapped.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Maybe it would like its bonnet the propper colour.

It did at one time but it decided to filp it up at 70mph:)

The Mo's are so wide! Any scrubbage?

I bought the wheels for the Cordoba and have since took them off, but yeah a little bit of rubbing but was especting to roll and pull the arches anyway

Stu - can i delete those wheel pics - i just know you are doing it to tease me ya aussie drink server - SWEEET as *** love MO's

No:)

You'll cry if I told you what I got them for;)

very very nice wheels.Its motorsport wheels or don't bother :yes:

:funk: prefer the 5 spoke version, but they're just as nice.

exhuast.jpg

Following the exhaust system splitting, sourced a Mk3 Cupra system and boshed that on with brand new sleeves clamps from TPS afterhours at work, pretty simple job even if it was done on the floor and I had done an 11hr shift!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Nothing to report in a long while, basically I decided to sell up after I had my fun with it and 3 cars in the household and only the one driver. Agreed to sell it to a bloke at work and it then started to play up and I eventualy ended to use up storing it up at work when the tax ran out.

DSC_0952.jpg

Then some kind chap decided to do it over for me:censored:

DSC_0946.jpg

Looking at the CCTV, a person has jumped over a 2+ metre high fence and spent about 15 mins trying to get into a panel van, then bricks the window of the Ghetto rummages around inside nicking my CD's, then releases the handbrake and uses it as a battering ram against the panel van to bust the side door off its hinges, then pushes it back and does the same again!

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

Force of the impacts pushed the van sideways by about a foot!

DSC_0950.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

Now breaking for spares http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224716 and it'll then meet its maker:(

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
DSC_0988.jpg

Finally done and scrapped the shell at the weekend, took me a couple of days to remove what I wanted from it and could sell on, all in all I've made more cash than what I would of done selling it as a going concern. Thanks to all those from off here that bought bits from it:)

DSC_0991.jpg

Whilst stripping out I found out how bad the tin worm really was! Apart from the usual around the rear arches and the sill, this lovely example found in the OSR inner arch. Never known them to go in that area, enough to strike fear ito any Mk2 owner!

DSC_0992.jpg

Allready for its last journey, only just fitted on the back of my company vehicle.

DSC_0993.jpg

The last picture......

FIN.

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
seen rot in same place and worse than that in mine, these things are worth more in pieces lol