Mk2 Ibiza Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 27930
  • Start date

Deleted member 27930

i sed thanks for telling me about those TA things cos no1 would say anything bout them.. i like the v maxx ones tho :)

ibiza.jpg

Fitted with decent suspension, better tyres, better Air filter and brakes, they're alot of fun, even though Ive moved on to somthing better, I still miss it.

Its weird how the lower powered cars can be more fun eh :D

Mine was a 1.0 1st car and again i still miss it, i want another:(

Mine was on 17's lowered 40mm all round.....front wheel looks at a funny angle in the pic cos of the hill :p

Mywheelsatknockhill.jpg

Mybackarch.jpg

Deleted member 27930

those 17" ers look the business!!
Im wondering whether 15" will look good to due to budget constraints!:censored:
originally wanted O.z superturismos trying to some 2nd hand and refurb or maybe some ronals.. in black if they do them? wouldnt mind either but just whether 15" look as good as the 16".
Also if i had 15 or 16's could i still fit a 205 wide tyre on either of them without hitting my suspension. Thoughts?

G223

Dec 6, 2007
if your on a budget mate, stick to 15"s tyres start at about £50 a corner for 16 and 17", you can pick up 15" tyres for about £30 a corner,

Ive got 195/45/ R16 on mine and it handles superbly, a 205/40 R16 tyre will fit but because its a lower profile tyre and less popular they will be more expensive, its best to look around at some tyre sites

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Can get tyres for 17" wheels for peanuts. I got 17" tyres for £35 a corner fitted. 16" tyres seem to be more expensive to me. Though maybe I am looking in the wrong places

Ollie

G223

Dec 6, 2007
Couldnt complain at £35 a corner, wish i coulda got my tyres for that

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Cheap sets of second hand 17" rims are about (Might even have some in my garage).
There were a set of 16" superleggera on the for sale section here this week.
Brilliant wheels, I used to have a set on my 1.4. Were reasonably priced but needed tyres. I needed tyres and didn't need a lot of cash so got some part worns put on.
Just had two Michelin with 6mm of tread fitted to some ronals for £20 a wheel. My mate had 17" part worns (all be it not Michelin) for the same price.
Things don't have to cost the earth, and you wont really loose any money on second hand alloys as long as you look after them

Ollie

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Can get tyres for 17" wheels for peanuts. I got 17" tyres for £35 a corner fitted. 16" tyres seem to be more expensive to me. Though maybe I am looking in the wrong places

Ollie

16's are more expensive because it is sort of an akward size for some reason. Im guessing its because people tend to go with 15's or 17's and alot of the new cars tend to have 17's straight out the factory.

Hi,
Slighty off topic. but on the same vein.
Induction kits....for a 1.4 mk2 Ibiza.

Has anyone had experience with one of these
pipercross jobbies?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=361708

thinking about fitting it along with a cold air feed
and pipercross breather filter (of course)

but not sure on the quality?!

For a 1.4 the best two options are:

replacement performance panel filter (£50 max)or

make your own which is heat protected like the BMC carbon ones, (£150 or more)

Most others may just suck in hot air and hamper your engine's performance and life.

Deleted member 27930

You got any detials about this make your own jobby??

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
Just found me some 16" Alloys from a Ibiza Cupra MK3

There going for £100 with no kerbing but theres no tyres....

I can probs get 195/45/16's for about 30 at the tyre place round the corner from me, do you think £100 just for the 4 alloys is good?

Cheers Guys

Chris

G223

Dec 6, 2007
Just found me some 16" Alloys from a Ibiza Cupra MK3

There going for £100 with no kerbing but theres no tyres....

I can probs get 195/45/16's for about 30 at the tyre place round the corner from me, do you think £100 just for the 4 alloys is good?

Cheers Guys

Chris

same as what i paid mate, in retrospect i could have gotten aftermarket ones with tyres for same price if i had have hunted for a while but i think these alloys look amazing on a mk2 100X better than on a mk3 so it was worth it :D

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
I got mine 4 £150 never kerbed 3 brand new tyres and 1 needed replaceing,were u getin ur tyres 4 that price?and what make?iv just been qouted £280 4 4 goodyear egael f1 gsd 3