Mk2 Ibiza Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 27930
  • Start date

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
Think ill get em then, they look awesome and ive only got stocks on now, and 1 missing trim =p

And ill be getting my tyres from a place near me, Stag Tyres in Hartlepool... had to get a new one when i got my car and it was £30 and they charged my dad the same for his Cavalier and think hes got 16's on

There obv not the best tyres in the world but im not gunna be hammering it much round corners yet, need to get a suspetion kit one day =]

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
I got two part worn michelin Pilots with 6-7mm of tread for £20 per wheel fitted to mine the other day. Works out a dam site cheaper than new ones, might want to go down that route?

Ollie

kitch

5 Door Modder!
Apr 12, 2008
South Somerset =S Great?!
Cold Air Feed?

For a 1.4 the best two options are:

replacement performance panel filter (£50 max)or

make your own which is heat protected like the BMC carbon ones, (£150 or more)

Most others may just suck in hot air and hamper your engine's performance and life.

What about if i ran a cold air feed to it? Eg Pipercross?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
What about if i ran a cold air feed to it? Eg Pipercross?

Ive got a Raid Hp induction kit for a 1.4. Been on the car but the car was never driven with it on. Split the cold air feed pipe when I was fitting that. Would only need a cold air feed.

Still undecided, dont know if I should make up and induction system or just stick with the Green filter.

Deleted member 27930

My 17's were 205/40/17's.....and i had 15mm spacers on the rear with no probs probs at all....

another pic just before i said goodbye to it :(:cry:

Car10.jpg

Car5.jpg

Andy your colour looks the same as myn is it?? also what alloys are they as before i sed they are mint and why the spacers? Do they hit when full lock???

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Not sure about what wheels they are.
The spacers will probably be on the back wheels, as Seat decided in their ultimate wisdom to make the rear track approx 40mm narrower at the back then the front.
If you look at you front wheels the sit flush with the edge of the wheel arch, the look at the rears, you can see they are inset to the arch.
Spacers will just make the wheel sit towards to outside of the wheel arch - cosmetic really, but widening the track also makes it handle a bit better

Ollie

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
Just went to Stag Tires and looks like there gunna be £45 each, not £30 :|

Looks like im not gettin those rims after all lol

Gunna have a look for some with tires already on, cant afford to buy them seperate...

Deleted member 27930

Maybe the 17" are a possibility, they will look really funny going from steel 13's to them hehe :p and yeah i have always liked phat wheels

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
Just found some chrome angel eyes on ebay...

anyone know if they'll look good on a silver mk2? dont want it to look chavy'

pic's would be nice =]

cheers

Chris

Deleted member 27930

Try pm momomk2 , he has a silver beeza with what looks like angel eyes as his signature. check the first page of posts on this thread to see.

Deleted member 27930

I prefer black angel eyes anyway.. yes if u get the chrom ones i.e lexus style u will look like a chav :p

Deleted member 27930

I have another question that needs to be answered.. I want to get a diagnostic check to see if theres any faults with the car and was asking if my car has an ECU and is there where i would plug it in to? if not any help?

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
Yep. On the left hand side if you take out the glove box thingy below the wheel iirc

Deleted member 27930

argh good i was begining to think my car didnt have one and i cudnt use the diagnostic shizzle

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
The diagnostic 'shizzle' is about as much use as a hole in the head, the MK2 ECU in the kindest way is simple to say the least.

You'd probably learn more sticking your head under the bonnet with a flash light, the upside of this is that you dont have a stupid ECU warning light coming on about something irrelevant every 2 mins ;)

Deleted member 27930

haha thanks for that.. if i stick a flashlight under the bonnet i dont even know what im looking for lol

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
I prefer black angel eyes anyway.. yes if u get the chrom ones i.e lexus style u will look like a chav :p

Yeah ive seen the black ones on momo's pics, they doo look awesome but hes got a fair bit of black goin on with his silver mk2...im not gunna be doin all that stuff...

that why i wanted to see what it would look like, chrome and silver must look better than if it was a green or blue mk2 with the chrome engel eyes :eek:

Deleted member 27930

Yeah i wanted angel eyes really but i think theres no point spending all that money when they only look in the dark. ima keep my as standard as possible with the occasional subtle mod here

Edit: nice song on myspace btw.. i wud add u cept i lost me password.. wooopsioe

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members