Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
This is one of the most basic and cheap mods, highly recommneded. You can also got he whoe hog and change the pendulem mount as well?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
You can get the Lower Subframe engine mount if you want to spend a bit of money. This apparently will eliminate the majority of the engine movement on the car (you can go the full hog and get the Engine and Gearbox Side ones done too but will prob increase the cabin noise in your car)
I have the Torque Mount (Neuspeed one) on mine and has improved things but not eradicated it 100%
Alex

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I just want to cut it down abit but don't want to affect noise and comfort. For the price and ease of fitting it seems a no brainer just to do the insert??

shadow123

I've just had the lower subframe fitted on my cupra by VW racing and I can say its definitely worth the money! It really firms things up and stops that nasty wheel hop. They arent that cheap and seems like you dont get alot for the money but when you think of the benefits its definitely worth it, also I have found absolutley no increase the cabin noise.

I had the insert fitted when I got my Miltek fitted and they dont actually do much in all honesty, something VW Racing confirmed.

I guess it all boils down to what engine mods you have as to whether the insert or the full mount is the way to?

PS I dont work for VW racing or anyhting just a very satisfied customer :)

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I don't think there is really a best as it were as they all do similar jobs. The Neuespeed one from my car will fit yours too and price wise there is not much in it.
Alex

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I don't think there is really a best as it were as they all do similar jobs. The Neuespeed one from my car will fit yours too and price wise there is not much in it.
Alex

Where did you get your from? The one one the JKM site seems to be the newer version.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I also have the neuspeed engine mount although I did ask for the ECS one as this excludes anew bolt but either way it seems okay I didn't any changes though maybe smoother? I fancy getting the pendulem mount aswell next time but for now the neuspeed is fine.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
it is a cheap mod but i didnt notice no difference mine still wheel hopped so i fitted a proper engine mount, cost £130+60 fitting and has eliminated wheel hop completely and also gear changes are much better now the engine stays in one place.

I went for the lower subframe mount and the solid track one but the vibration is too much on an everyday basis so changing it for the fast road one which has all the benefits without the vibration, this is the one ive got - http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/Golf 5 Pages/Golf DrivetrainEngine Mounts.html.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
it is a cheap mod but i didnt notice no difference mine still wheel hopped so i fitted a proper engine mount, cost £130+60 fitting and has eliminated wheel hop completely and also gear changes are much better now the engine stays in one place.

I went for the lower subframe mount and the solid track one but the vibration is too much on an everyday basis so changing it for the fast road one which has all the benefits without the vibration, this is the one ive got - http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/Golf 5 Pages/Golf DrivetrainEngine Mounts.html.

I think I am going to go for the fast road one at somepoint too, that is if VW Racing ever get back to me.
Alex

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
The VW Racing one looks good.

After reading round about these it seems the VF full mount is harder than the BSH one. Can't find much on the VW racing one though.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I called VW racing just as i was ready to order the fast road mount and they said they had none left and they never got back to me either...oh wells im happy with mine for now until i get more power.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Got this fast road spec Density Line dogbone mount from Issam last year, seems to do the job very well.

There is some cabin vibration upon set-off but it stops once under motion, vastly reduced wheel hop and engine movement over OEM.

I want to get the other engine mounts this year also to improve it further.

main.php

main.php

Density line on the left, OEM one on the right.
main.php

Poverty

Got this fast road spec Density Line dogbone mount from Issam last year, seems to do the job very well.

There is some cabin vibration upon set-off but it stops once under motion, vastly reduced wheel hop and engine movement over OEM.

I want to get the other engine mounts this year also to improve it further.

main.php

main.php

Density line on the left, OEM one on the right.
main.php

I was just about to recommend them! 60 quid from THS, bargain!

http://www.thsperformance.co.uk/cat...2005_Present__MK5_6_Platform_VAG_cars_,i.html

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Thats interesting too. Instead of a standard rubber bush and poly insert, its one solid piece of rubber. Less to go wrong I suppose. :think:

Does the standard bush just pull out once the bolts removed??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.