Mk2 Leon MPG (yawn :D)

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
When I pick my daughter up on a Friday night I brim the tank £72 at the garage down the road from me ....... on the way home I have to refuel at the same garage......

........when I drop my lil girl backhome on a sunday I brim the tank £72 at the garage down the road from me .......on the way home I have to refuel at the same garage................

.................actually thats a lie..... sometimes I have to refuel 50 miles from home

:cry:

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
And to answer the ops original question, yes I'm incredibly sad and record the mpg of every tank (though I've got a few anomales like 100mpg lol). Its part of keeping track of EVERYTHING I've spent on the car.

Yes. I'm sad :D

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Well I apologise hahahaha!!!!

Tbf I don't hoof mine all the time, so it would be a lot lower if I did. Lowest ive got it is 14mpg or so, and that was over a 9 mile trip:whistle:

You're not doing it properly until you hit single figures ;)

Worst I've seen mine was 20 from a track day and the drive down :cool:

How on earth do you get 20MPG on a track day? I haven't tracked the Leon yet, but my old budget track car, a little Fiat Punto GT 1.4 turbo could guzzle half a tank in about 15 minutes at full chat (worked out at roughly 12 MPG - including coast down laps) and it was only putting out 180hp. :whistle:

I must just have a lead foot:D

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
You have all cheered me up this morning. My 29mpg (fuelly) is not bad at all then! I don't hang about, but I do try to drive smoothly.

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
Diesel power! And I only did half to 2/3rds of the day after my brakes boiled :doh:. It included the run down as well which was fairly chilled

I was trying though. Honest!

Last edited:

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
You have all cheered me up this morning. My 29mpg (fuelly) is not bad at all then! I don't hang about, but I do try to drive smoothly.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast ;)

Not to disappoint you but I got 56 on the way to wakey the other day :D 50mph limit on the M1 helped!

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Ah, 20 from a diesel is acceptable :p Ruined brakes can be scary though - especially when they work ok one corner and nothing there for the following corner (big stop from 120+ to about 50mph)

Actually, that's not a bad effort at all to be fair, nice work :D

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
Ah, 20 from a diesel is acceptable :p Ruined brakes can be scary though - especially when they work ok one corner and nothing there for the following corner (big stop from 120+ to about 50mph)

Actually, that's not a bad effort at all to be fair, nice work :D

Yeah that was it! The back straight at Bedford, 120-90 for the chicane was fine then about 100-30 for the left hand hairpin and they really werent! Needless to say some poo came out and the pedal nearly bent :D

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Hello,

Since I bought my car 2 years ago (and due to the milage I do) I've always kept a log of my range/fill-ups etc... pretty boring, but thought I'd share...

BBDB32D4-C4AB-4E17-AAD3-83A2F9E560A4_zpsxgzepqmo.png

The big dip does seem to have coincided with the stuttering I'm getting from my EGR... so think I'll sort that soon. It does also tie up almost with the trip2 MPG reading on the MFD. I do this manually, the last app I had for it was a bit useless.

Does anyone else track their MPG?

I started a similar chart when I bought mine just coz I wondered how much it was going to actually cost me over the cars life with me ,
I got bored after about 3 months , you must be a lot more determined than me , lol

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast ;)

Not to disappoint you but I got 56 on the way to wakey the other day :D 50mph limit on the M1 helped!

Not bad going, but an unfair comparison with your TDI! I got 64mpg from my 2.0CRDI Kia before on the A1...

Got 47mpg from the MiTo on a trip before. Not bad from the Tjet engine.

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough

That's quite cool, may look into that sometime

Not bad going, but an unfair comparison with your TDI! I got 64mpg from my 2.0CRDI Kia before on the A1...

Got 47mpg from the MiTo on a trip before. Not bad from the Tjet engine.

Nice! Used to get up to 56/58mpg driving like a saint in my mum's 1.6tdci focu but that Kia sounds pretty good!

47 from a petrol in general is pretty good, especially an Italian one :p!

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I regularly see anywhere between 35 - 40 mpg on the daily commute & I dont drive like a granny lol

most ive had.... on cruise control on the motorway is 57mpg

Can I afford to keep running this TDi.

Most I've had from my TDi was 52mpg, trip read 60mpg, worst was 32 with the trip reading 49..

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Can I afford to keep running this TDi.

Most I've had from my TDi was 52mpg, trip read 60mpg, worst was 32 with the trip reading 49..

Those are the figures from my MFD mate.

admittedly the 57mpg was at 60mph on cruise om a trip to Edinburgh.
I did Manchester - Edinburgh - Manchester on a single tank of petrol, which aint bad going for a 1.4 :)

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
That's quite cool, may look into that sometime

Nice! Used to get up to 56/58mpg driving like a saint in my mum's 1.6tdci focu but that Kia sounds pretty good!

47 from a petrol in general is pretty good, especially an Italian one :p!

Thanks. I must admit that both those figures were achieved by driving at about 56mph, drafting from a lorry for quite a lot of the journeys. The Kia was showing 74mpg on the trip. But calculating from brimming showed that to be a little optimistic! That was the thirsty and rare 2.0 140bhp model. They are no more economical than the 2.0TDI vag units either.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Just done a 15 mine trip on the motorway, cruise set to 66mph and came off with 79mpg and then another 3 mile to my house and it measured 75mpg. Not bad when you don't put your foot down.

It's a CR170 aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.