Mk2 Leon MPG (yawn :D)

KDV

Dec 19, 2012
D&G, Scotland
Average on my cupra's mfd over the last 1000 miles or so is 28 which I think is ok considering I don't get onto A roads much! On a long run it will manage 31-32.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Why is my mpg so **** lol I get a 28 average and I only give it the beans when I'm the only one in the car which is like once a week lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
What a strange outlook you have.... getting good mpg isn't about driving slowly. If he was eco driving a Cupra, he would be getting more than that?

I get 30 out of my FR which is no more economical. I don't hang about either.

No way. If I hoof it for half the journey and cruise for the rest I get around 23.

If I drive like a granny I get 28

A cupra wasn't bought to be drove like a fanny

So I stand by my original comment, that cupra is wasted on him.

EDIT, I understand that to get good mpg it's about not flooring it and that you can still do 70mph, but wtf is the point.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Whole heartedly agree!!

My tank average so far (90 miles) has JUST crept in to the 20's.... That's good for me :)

You guys need to find your throttle pedals ;)

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Whole heartedly agree!!

My tank average so far (90 miles) has JUST crept in to the 20's.... That's good for me :)

Throttle pedal for the weekend :)

Flooring it on the commute just means you get stuck behind someone else a little bit quicker lol

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Throttle pedal for the weekend :)

Flooring it on the commute just means you get stuck behind someone else a little bit quicker lol

Absolutely. Driving harder on the busy commute is just pointless. Might as well take it steady and be smooth. Then when the road opens up, traffic dissipates and the speed cameras are behind you, you can really enjoy the car.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Absolutely. Driving harder on the busy commute is just pointless. Might as well take it steady and be smooth. Then when the road opens up, traffic dissipates and the speed cameras are behind you, you can really enjoy the car.

I work shifts so don't get stuck in traffic

If they're going slow ill overtake them :shrug:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Whole heartedly agree!!

I don't think some of these freaks know what that is. Why buy a fast car if you aren't going to enjoy it lol, buy a stinky diesel instead

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Also one if the lads at the weekend said there cupra r was better in fuel than there petrol FR they had. It's all about getting that sweet spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
What kinda commute do you guys do? I'm doing 500mi /week + any social driving I do... that's why I have a fast diesel. It's better that than a slow diesel.

Not arguing with that mate, that's why I've had 2 FRs. Gone from doing 20k a year to 10k a year, so can afford to have some fun again

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I do maybe 6k miles a year.... More this year as i've been back and fore to Birmingham Children's Hospital with the little one during recent months. I don't have a daily commute as such, work is less than a mile away and i start and finish before rush hour so never see traffic.

All my driving is 'spirited' and 'in anger' - hence the very poor MPG but big fun factor. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise